SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Hotel....

Singin' Sue 71615

Howdy!

For years, Aspen Filly would stop over at our house for the night on her way to WR, LR or CAC...broke up the drive and saved money, and we got to catch up on stuff!

We also have over the years offered the rooms and yard space for folks during EOT (or other matches at FR) as we would take out the RV and be on range.

I think Sgt Shuster still has his gate and house key!!!

Anyway, Aspen Wrangler started a Cowboy Hotel page on FB...

But being a lot have left FB...lets start one here.

This is what we do...

For SASS folk traveling, to save $$ and to meet folks...we that have room, or Rv's to offer for overnight stays, do so.

Also those that have space for RV's to pull in.

I always felt if we offer this across the country, we might see more folks willing to travel to more shoots.

We have had several across the world stay at the ' Shanley Hotel'.

We have one cowboy who came for EOT, stayed with the other house guests, and left...all without us ever getting to meet him!!

How this works, is if you are traveling through somewhere...or have kids traveling, ect...

Anytime you have need to travel, put up a post saying when and where you will be going and does anyone have room for ya.

It is that easy.

'Shanley Hotel' is in Stanley, NM...just East of Albq, Nm and off I-40.

We have room in the RV's and also have room for RV to pull in.

(The house has been filled with permanent 'guests')

Let us know if you need a place to stop for the night, or two.;)

Just to clarify...this is a courtesy we cowboys should offer to other SASS members.

This is not a business, nor is there any charge or fees...

Just folks being folks, the cowboy way.

Coffee's always on, and food is plentiful!

Sue, you need to have him rig that thing up for your new guncart!

35 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Sue, you need to have him rig that thing up for your new guncart!

No way!!! I don't have the peddle power for that thing!!!

One of our new shooters, and now friend, gave that to us for the grandkiddos when they get older!!

Shanley bought me a big girl golf cart a year ago...fell into our lap, couldn't pass on a great deal!!!

0222200942.jpg

Okay! We need pics of that on the Mewe page!

Howdy All ;

I live an Hour and a Half South of Calgary Alberta Canada, with-in sight of Hiway #2 and for the past 20 or so years have offered a Place for Cowfolk to Park their Tin Wagons on their way to and from Shoots ... Depending On if the Hay is cut or not , I have space for between 8 to 30 + rigs to park ... We also often have had a extra Room in the house available ....

I was the Nut that came up with the Idea of a "Wagon Train" of shooters traveling together across the three western Provinces ( think States ) following a String of Shoots ... Pre COVID 

And It seemed to be well received , and just might be revived after this COVID mess is resolved ...

As I live Between the 2 major Highways used in traveling East and West across our Western provinces it seems my place is a good place to stop off ...

Jabez Cowboy 

11 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Howdy All ;

I live an Hour and a Half South of Calgary Alberta Canada, with-in sight of Hiway #2 and for the past 20 or so years have offered a Place for Cowfolk to Park their Tin Wagons on their way to and from Shoots ... Depending On if the Hay is cut or not , I have space for between 8 to 30 + rigs to park ... We also often have had a extra Room in the house available ....

I was the Nut that came up with the Idea of a "Wagon Train" of shooters traveling together across the three western Provinces ( think States ) following a String of Shoots ... Pre COVID 

And It seemed to be well received , and just might be revived after this COVID mess is resolved ...

As I live Between the 2 major Highways used in traveling East and West across our Western provinces it seems my place is a good place to stop off ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Awesome Jabez!!!

We could all do with more wagon trains and stop overs!!!

The Wagon Train idea sounds like fun even if you don't have a trailer and just find a motel!

Okay....now I have the song Convoy running between my ears...

7 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

No way!!! I don't have the peddle power for that thing!!!

One of our new shooters, and now friend, gave that to us for the grandkiddos when they get older!!

Shanley bought me a big girl golf cart a year ago...fell into our lap, couldn't pass on a great deal!!!

0222200942.jpg

My Cricut Queen says that looks awesome Sue!!

I am a long distance truck driver.  I sleep in a different place/state almost every night. I have often thought about posting my location to see if there was a possibility of a home cooked meal and good conversation near where I am parked.  Great idea. 

Get in touch if you're coming to the Vermont area. I can accommodate rv's with hook-ups and privacy. We can also make room in the house for guests. Even a small range to play on!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 4:56 AM, Flanigan Flats said:

I am a long distance truck driver.  I sleep in a different place/state almost every night. I have often thought about posting my location to see if there was a possibility of a home cooked meal and good conversation near where I am parked.  Great idea. 

We have the space, call if you are passing East of Albq,NM!

On 1/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Howdy!

For years, Aspen Filly would stop over at our house for the night on her way to WR, LR or CAC...broke up the drive and saved money, and we got to catch up on stuff!

We also have over the years offered the rooms and yard space for folks during EOT (or other matches at FR) as we would take out the RV and be on range.

I think Sgt Shuster still has his gate and house key!!!

Anyway, Aspen Wrangler started a Cowboy Hotel page on FB...

But being a lot have left FB...lets start one here.

This is what we do...

For SASS folk traveling, to save $$ and to meet folks...we that have room, or Rv's to offer for overnight stays, do so.

Also those that have space for RV's to pull in.

I always felt if we offer this across the country, we might see more folks willing to travel to more shoots.

We have had several across the world stay at the ' Shanley Hotel'.

We have one cowboy who came for EOT, stayed with the other house guests, and left...all without us ever getting to meet him!!

How this works, is if you are traveling through somewhere...or have kids traveling, ect...

Anytime you have need to travel, put up a post saying when and where you will be going and does anyone have room for ya.

It is that easy.

'Shanley Hotel' is in Stanley, NM...just East of Albq, Nm and off I-40.

We have room in the RV's and also have room for RV to pull in.

(The house has been filled with permanent 'guests')

Let us know if you need a place to stop for the night, or two.;)

Just to clarify...this is a courtesy we cowboys should offer to other SASS members.

This is not a business, nor is there any charge or fees...

Just folks being folks, the cowboy way.

Coffee's always on, and food is plentiful!

Thanks for explaining it so well....Singing Sue is also one of the moderator’s on the Facebook page also. The Cowboy Hotel page is just for that...please no ads for items sold...I can’t even do that and I’m married to Aspen Wrangler!!!!Bwahahaha!!!! ;-D

Just now, Aspen Filly 50535 said:

Thanks for explaining it so well....Singing Sue is also one of the moderator’s on the Facebook page also. The Cowboy Hotel page is just for that...please no ads for items sold...I can’t even do that and I’m married to Aspen Wrangler!!!!Bwahahaha!!!! ;-D

I quit fb...so Win is on his own there!

I did start one on MeWe...

And here.

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I quit fb...so Win is on his own there!

I did start one on MeWe...

And here.

Oh Lord help us!!!!! Lol bwaaahahaha 

I have been the beneficiary of Singin Sues and Shanley Shooters generosity in the past when I attended EOT. Gracious host and hostess, and excellent people. They have been the best as long as I have known them.

As far as Aspen Filly, another of the really good ones. Sure to be a first ballot saint for putting up with Win all these years.:P:P  :P. Sure miss you guys.

Good to hear everyone is doing great.

I know this is about bunkhouse accomodations but here is a shameless plug for Aspen Filly Engraving. She has done many of my guns over the years. An artists eye and a masters hand her work is outstanding.

Repectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

32 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

I have been the beneficiary of Singin Sues and Shanley Shooters generosity in the past when I attended EOT. Gracious host and hostess, and excellent people. They have been the best as long as I have known them.

As far as Aspen Filly, another of the really good ones. Sure to be a first ballot saint for putting up with Win all these years.:P:P  :P. Sure miss you guys.

I know this is about bunkhouse accomodations but here is a shameless plug for Aspen Filly Engraving. She has done many of my guns over the years. An artists eye and a masters hand her work is outstanding.

Repectfully

Gateway Kid

By the way....Shanley wants my red-lace bra back!!!:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Repectfully

Gateway Kid

Awwww your a sweetheart-miss you guys!!!

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

By the way....Shanley wants my red-lace bra back!!!:ph34r:

I swear I had nothing to do with that! :D

On the other hand, red has always been his color !!!!

Regards

Gateway Kid

On 1/26/2021 at 5:56 AM, Flanigan Flats said:

If you’re on I-10 in MS we’re just off of exit 16.  You’re more than welcome for a meal, a beverage, a shower, or even a comfy bed.  

This goes for any pards passing by.  Got room in the driveway for an RV, and have 2 extra BR’s in a separate part of the house for privacy.

2 minutes ago, Flanigan Flats said:

I am stuck in the snow behind a warehouse in Gresham Oregon.  The Portland Metro area is getting a truly impressive ice/snow/wind storm. 

Be safe!!!

I don't know that you'd ask anyone to come our in that to get you...but if push comes to shove!!!

Could call contact to the nearest club...see if any folks live near enough to you.

Archived