SASS Wire Forum

Captain America or Iron Man?

DeaconKC

12 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

When did Iron Man croak? I saw Avengers Civil War where he was grievously wounded, but I thought he made it. Was there a movie after that?

Yes - Avengers: Endgame (I think).

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I've never seen the appeal of watching movies based on comic books. Why not just read the comic books?

Thanks Pat. I knew it was Captain somebody.B)

It’s always interesting to see what goes on between the scenes on the comic book pages!!

3 hours ago, Dutch Coroner said:

Spoil sport. ;-)

I just saw the movie yesterday.:)

I don' think we've seen the last of him.

But i do know we've seen the last of Stan Lee.:(

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Technically. Of course the Avengers possess a time machine now so anything is possible.

That's what I was thinking.

True Grit was a book but I'm willing to bet you saw at least one of the movies anyway.

It's hard to judge Star Wars because the original movies were watched by us in the context of being little kids who had all the toys and action figures. Looking back at them now they were a bit corny, especially Return of the Jedi. I liked the Mandalorian, but too much of it paid fan service to the original trilogy instead of telling a completely new story.

Probably the best Disney-era movie so far is Rogue One, which finally answered the question as to why the Galactic Empire had never thought to just send Darth Vader to Home Depot and buy a vent cover for that stupid thermal exhaust port opening on the Death Star.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

It's hard to judge Star Wars because the original movies were watched by us in the context of being little kids who had all the toys and action figures. Looking back at them now they were a bit corny, especially Return of the Jedi. I liked the Mandalorian, but too much of it paid fan service to the original trilogy instead of telling a completely new story.

Probably the best Disney-era movie so far is Rogue One, which finally answered the question as to why the Galactic Empire had never thought to just send Darth Vader to Home Depot and buy a vent cover for that stupid thermal exhaust port opening on the Death Star.

The prequels were the absolute worse!  I personally believe Kathleen Kennedy did everything she could to ruin Star Wars and male-bash.

Dave Filoni and John Favreau have really got people interested in the franchise again.  I hope they're not being over-ambitious with all the new series' that are scheduled to be coming out.  With the way Kathleen Kennedy produced the prequels, a lot of things were not right in the universe.

Superman died in a comic book a few years ago. I have it and I have to dig it out but he did come back !

He didn’t need no gun!!:P

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

:lol::lol: I was not a little kid. I bought the action figures for my son. 

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Aww c'mon Bob, admit it... you too were playing with those when you thought nobody was looking... :P

Didn’t care if they were looking or not. :P

Wish I still had those first issue figures and accessories. Had the carrying case and the Millenium Falcon. They’re worth ridiculous money now.

On 1/22/2021 at 4:05 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Didn’t care if they were looking or not. :P

Wish I still had those first issue figures and accessories. Had the carrying case and the Millenium Falcon. They’re worth ridiculous money now.

Yes I had a bunch of the fist-issue stuff as well. Plenty of original GI Joe figures and vehicles as well. Then one day after my dad had died I went back to my folks' house to retrieve the box with all that stuff in it from the attic, only to find at some point he'd thrown them all away. :(

Okay, in the Ginger/Mary Ann category

Wonder Woman or Black Widow

5 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Okay, in the Ginger/Mary Ann category

Wonder Woman or Black Widow

You date the Black Widow, but you (should) marry Wonder Woman

On 1/22/2021 at 12:56 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The original three Star Wars movies have not aged well, with the 'Empire Stikes Back' being the best of those three.  Geroge Lucas is a brilliant idea person, but an average script writer and a poor director.  Harrison Ford & Alec Guinness do a good job in their roles, Carrie Fisher was adequate and Mark Hamill was and remains a bad actor regardless of who directs.  I will note that Lucas was smart enough to keep control of the merchandising which went a long way toward paying for the next 2 movies as well as the visual and sound effect studios he built with that money.

I thought Rogue One was good, although a bit dark.   I enjoyed Solo, despite the rumors of it being production mess due clashes between Kathleen Kennedy and the original directors.  Solo was a fun, fairly light movie and the cast did a good job.

Found the early movies entertaining. But the Captain America character in the films had my favorite line..........And while I have Glocks and often carry one, the 1911 still has my heart.

Archived