SASS Wire Forum

Lost a Co-worker today

Today we got notice that Shelly David passed, she was the senior administrative assistant for Facilities Management and Construction, Texas Woman's University, Denton Texas.  She joined our team in 2017 and I worked with her every day, she sat at the front desk and greated everyone when they came into our building.  I last talked with her on Tuesday December 22nd when we were both leaving the University for the Holiday break.  Said we would see each other when we returned in January.  When I came into work Tuesday Janaury 5th she was not there and I was told she had Covid 19 and the week before and admitted to the hospital and was in critical condition, on a ventilator and in a coma.  Last week we were told she had inproved slighlty and changed from critical to serious and had been conscious.  Yesterday we were told she was back to critical condition.  Today during lunch at 11:30 working from home I got an email notification of a video meeting for ALL Facilities staff to attend today at 1:00 which is about 140 people.  The meeting was for our Associate VP of Facilites (top guy) to let us all know that Shelly had passed, he wanted to let us all know before the notice was sent out to the whole University in an email.  I was not able to do any work the rest of the day.  Finally told my brother that lives with me after he was home from work for a couple hours.  Guess I am typing this to help with the feelings I am experiencing. 

I would ask for your prays and thoughts for Shelly and her family.  She lived alone with her cats who have been in the care of one of her sisters since she was admitted to the hospital.  Tomorrow I will be back on campus and I am sure the atmosphere will be subdued.

Scout

Sorry for the lose of your friend and colleague. 

Covid is nothing to become complacent about.

To date, here in Canada, I lost my Brother-in-Law last April and two female cousins in the period of about a month.

All were in Long Term Care Homes.

Our Prime Minister and his government haven't done a very good job managing the crisis or obtaining the vaccines we need.

Poor decisions all along the line. 

My condolences to you, her family and friends. Sometimes writing about things does help one deal with the emotions and the grief, I hope this is one of those times. She and you will be in my thoughts and meditations.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which she has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servant who has fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen

May He Who arose from the dead, Christ our true God, through the prayers of His all-pure Mother; of the holy, glorious and all laudable Apostles; of our holy and God-bearing Fathers; and of all the saints; establish the soul of His servant who has  been taken from us, in the mansion of the righteous; give her rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number her among the just; and have mercy on us, forasmuch as He is good and loves mankind.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, O Lord, to Thy servant who has fallen asleep, and make her memory to be eternal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_H9GXuGtU

Sorry to hear this. While the vast majority of people recover from this virus, there are a large number who do not. That is a lot of people who have lost family members, loved ones and friends. Will keep those who knew here in my prayers.

My youngest daughter and two of her children have recovered from the virus but it was touch and go they were miserably ill.

So hard to lose someone you think so much of, may God give you and her family peace. SCJ

I’m sorry for the loss of your co-worker.

Archived