SASS Wire Forum

Happiness is a Lime Tree

I thought I'd share something that made me happy. You know one of the simple things. I planted a "Dwarf Bears Seedless Lime " tree several years ago. I knew they liked warmer climates than where we lived. So, every time we had a forecast for chilly weather (below 32 degrees), I'd cover it. One year, I gave up and quit covering it as it didn't produce fruit. Today, Hubby told me it had four limes. They were yellow. I picked and ate one. It was PERFECT! I think there's a moral to this story. Please post if you know what it is.

But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

(Do you know the bible verse?)

50 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

(Do you know the bible verse?)

I've chanted that in church before. St. Paul to, I can't remember if it is to the Saints in Galatia or Thessaloniki, I think.  

17 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Excuse me! We were discussing limes not sages.  Although, I love sage in my turkey dressing. ;)

and sausage!  :)

5 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I thought I'd share something that made me happy. You know one of the simple things. I planted a "Dwarf Bears Seedless Lime " tree several years ago. I knew they liked warmer climates than where we lived. So, every time we had a forecast for chilly weather (below 32 degrees), I'd cover it. One year, I gave up and quit covering it as it didn't produce fruit. Today, Hubby told me it had four limes. They were yellow. I picked and ate one. It was PERFECT! I think there's a moral to this story. Please post if you know what it is.

If at first you don't succeed, forget it.  If it was meant to be it will happen.

Of course I always plant things that thrive on abuse and neglect.  Works better for me.

Congratulations.

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Excuse me! We were discussing limes not sages.  Although, I love sage in my turkey dressing. ;)

I burn sage to freshen the air in my house...and to appease the Apache and Navajo gods...and because I really like the smell.

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I knew I'd find the answers here! ;)

Probably the answers to questions never asked but, yeah, there's answers here.

According to Triny Lopez, “LEMON tree, very pretty”.  But, I’m sure that’s not the lesson.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've chanted that in church before. St. Paul to, I can't remember if it is to the Saints in Galatia or Thessaloniki, I think.  

But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.  Romans 8:25

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.      Gal 6:9

I picked the other three limes today and am having a quarter with a Corona.

I will use one or two to make Fajitas. I went to Costco and got one of their cooked chickens. They usually last four days. On the last day, I make Fajitas.

PS I Googled limes and found out that they are picked green as they ship better. When they are yellow, they are ripe. However, once picked they will not turn yellow. They just get brown and hard. I learned this by not using them right away.

Thank you for that information,Miz Mo.;):wub:

I had planted lemon and orange seeds when I got back from California when I was ten years old. They did actually germinate, and I had several foot tall trees  for a while. The lemon seeds came from my Uncle's lemon tree in Fresno.:blush:

On 1/20/2021 at 9:26 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I burn sage to freshen the air in my house...and to appease the Apache and Navajo gods...and because I really like the smell.

If I smell burning sage it’s a problem. The house is surrounded by it. :lol:

Archived