SASS Wire Forum

How do you imbibe meth?

Alpo

Drug use goes in cycles. Cocaine will be the neat drug of choice, then a few years later it will be amphetamines and a few years later barbiturates, then narcotics, the marijuana, then cocaine again.

Sherlock Holmes injected his cocaine. In the twenties little old ladies drank it. In the 70s you sniffed it. In the '90s you smoked it.

Methamphetamine was invented by German scientists during World War II. It was a stimulant given to luftwaffe pilots, to keep them alert on long missions. As far as I know, it was swallowed. In the sixties it was known as speed, and it was prescribed for losing weight. Again, it was swallowed.

Now it's called meth. And I just wondered. Is it still swallowed, or is it injected, or is it sniffed, or is it smoked? How do they take it these days?

I take that to mean that it is swallowed, injected, snorted, and smoked?

Although for some reason PaleWolf's reply is not there. Pat's quote of PaleWolf's reply is, but not the reply itself.

Weird.

image.png.e30ce80f7e9d39e62ca7cbc3f6954695.png

¨Acetone- This is found in nail polish remover and paint thinners
¨Lithium- From batteries
¨Toluene- solvent used as fuel additive, in paint thinners, nail polish, brake cleaner
¨Hydrochloric acid- Highly corrosive mineral acid used to remove rust from steel and refine metal
¨Pseudoephedrine- found in cold medications
¨Red Phosphorus- found in explosives such as road flares and on matchboxes
¨Sodium hydroxide- also known as lye, in drain cleaners
¨Sulfuric acid- found in toilet bowl and drain cleaners
¨Anhydrous ammonia- found in fertilizer and countertop cleaner
¨Lantern fuel or lighter fluid
¨Ether found in starting fluid
¨Antifreeze
¨Iodine crystals
¨Lithium- From batteries
¨Toluene- solvent used as fuel additive, in paint thinners, nail polish, brake cleaner
¨Hydrochloric acid- Highly corrosive mineral acid used to remove rust from steel and refine metal
¨Antifreeze
¨Iodine crystals
¨Lithium- From batteries
¨Antifreeze
¨Iodine crystals

Meth users will inject, snort, swallow and even drop it in their eyes. Nasty, dangerous drug.

Probably 90% of users smoke it. Depends also on the particular trend in different parts of the country.

Not sure how one makes Meth or people’s method of choice for using it, but I have seen the results of it’s use in people and I am sure they all started out thinking “Gee, this is great” and “That won’t happen to me” when they see other users, but this drug is a curse that steals one’s soul. It also breaks the hearts of many loved ones. 

22 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

“How do you imbibe meth?“

Only once. Then it starts imbibing you. 

Nearly all other can be quasi-recreational or legitimately medicinal. Meth is a one way street with only one fork:  death or prison. 

Actually its a one way street, prison is just a rest area. 

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

I could go ask my new neighbors. Or some of the visitors they have.

So, you have neighbors that sweep the road outside their house at 3AM, too? (I don't but one of my nieces had some that she saw doing it when she took her dogs out one night)

I guess, that when you're up for days at a time, sweeping the street in front of your house with a broom seems like a good idea.

1 minute ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

So, you have neighbors that sweep the road outside their house at 3AM, too? (I don't but one of my nieces had some that she saw doing it when she took her dogs out one night)

I guess, that when you're up for days at a time, sweeping the street in front of your house with a broom seems like a good idea.

That would mean taking care of their house. Or rather, the landlords house. So NO. They do air it out regular though. Sure some funny smells.

The methamphetamines used by some allied pilots and heavily used by the Germans during WWII were different than what is now known as crystal meth.

Besides being of a much lower potency they were pharmaceutical grade drugs with few impurities. Where as crystal meth is the most potent form of the drug. It is similar to the difference between cocaine in prescription pain pills vs crack cocaine.

As pointed out above, the ingredients used by back yard tweakers to make crystal meth are very toxic and result in the final product being contaminated with some very nasty stuff.

What’s the Difference Between Ice (Crystal Meth) & Meth?

The latest trend is injecting, the guys in our rehab center talk about how stupid they were. 

One of them told me they used a piece of metal window screen, hooked battery cables to the ends and sprayed Raid Ant and Roach Killer thru the screen. Then, they snorted the powdery residue, not something normal people would do. 

21 minutes ago, Assassin said:

The latest trend is injecting, the guys in our rehab center talk about how stupid they were. 

One of them told me they used a piece of metal window screen, hooked battery cables to the ends and sprayed Raid Ant and Roach Killer thru the screen. Then, they snorted the powdery residue, not something normal people would do. 

I still can't understand ingesting poison. And the list from Hashknife was amazing. Sulfuric acid? Did these addicts sleep through chemistry class?

5 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I could go ask my new neighbors. Or some of the visitors they have.

We had a meth lab in a trailer a few miles from my house burn down a couple years ago. I saw a tv special on it , the way they made it sound very few people ever kick the habit.

Wasn’t breaking bad meth ? 

When I worked as a regular Parole Agent I saw so much of that garbage destroy people. It is so addictive and from the first use, it starts destroying the nerve covers, so you never get as good a high as the first use. But they keep trying by taking more and more of that stuff.

I've arrested users who ingested it in several different ways.  The most common is by smoking.  You can tell a meth smoker because their teeth are rotten black and they have burn marks on their lips.  Others liquify it and inject it with a needle.  Still others sprinkle it over food and eat it.  I'm sure someone out there is snorting it, too.  It's all nasty/

11 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

When I worked as a regular Parole Agent I saw so much of that garbage destroy people. It is so addictive and from the first use, it starts destroying the nerve covers, so you never get as good a high as the first use. But they keep trying by taking more and more of that stuff.

Worse than that, one can never again feel as good as one used to before taking the drug.

Archived