SASS Wire Forum

For Sale Win Model 12 shotgun SOLD

THS ITEM HAS SOLD. I have a Winchester Model 12 shotgun for sale, very nice condition as pictures will show. Serial number shows it was born in 1952. Wood is crack or split free and only some light marks on wrist of stock as shown in pictures. Bore is very nice, exterior metal is also very nice with lots of blue. Action works but since I have never worked on a model 12 I'm not sure if the carrier is working correctly. It doesn't seem to move into correct position to allow shells to come out of mag tube. I loaded 2 in the tube and then moved the carrier all the way down with my finger. Then the gun cycled both shells from tube to ejection. Ejected well, on shell (dummy round made from Win AA hull) was a little harder to chamber than the other one. This is as much as I can tell you about the gun. I didn't buy it as a single purchase firearm, it came with another gun that I wanted but had to take both to get one. Since I am not sure of a price to ask in light of the carrier instance I will ask $495.00 plus $35.00 delivered to your FFL. If the carrier issue is really an issue and is minor we can discuss it and either I pay for part or all of the cost of repair. If the repair is something more involved I will take the gun back, you pay return shipping and I will refund the full purchase price of $495.00. I am willing to discuss offers and full or partial trades for Win or IAC 97's, Win 87 & 93 in 12 ga, or 1890 22 cal short rifles. 

email me at outlawgambler@gmail.com

DSCN3436

DSCN3440

DSCN3441

DSCN3442

DSCN3443

DSCN3438

DSCN3437

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Iron Horse Mac said:

What’s the barrel length and would this model make a good CAS gun?  I’m new to the sport

thanks,

mac

For Wild Bunch only. Cannot use a model 12 for CAS.

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

For Wild Bunch only. Cannot use a model 12 for CAS.

Hey Tyrel,  how ‘bout a Century old west pw87 lever 12ga?  Or a Lac Billerica Model 97 12ga pump?  Any help / advice is appreciated 

Just now, Iron Horse Mac said:

Hey Tyrel,  how ‘bout a Century old west pw87 lever 12ga?  Or a Lac Billerica Model 97 12ga pump?  Any help / advice is appreciated 

They're legal. The 97 might be ok. The pw87s make good tomato stakes.

Have you been to any matches? That'd be best,  go and try some stuff. I typically recommend starting out with a double barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived