SASS Wire Forum

Got Shot Yesterday

Covis that is. Nothing yet in the way of reaction. Arm is a little tinder when I touch it, but other than that, nothing, nada, zilch. 

It was the pfizer brand. Second go around in February.

My niece is a RN and we were talking about this. My wife and I should be on the next go around here. She said more people have bad symptoms from the second Moderna shot than the Pfizer.

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Covis that is. Nothing yet in the way of reaction. Arm is a little tinder when I touch it, but other than that, nothing, nada, zilch. 

I heard the second one is REALLY REALLY painful!! Good luck!!:P:P

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I'm amazed someone hasn't shot you before.  I've been shot for every disease imaginable (except COVID....so for) and some wide spectrum "just in case"shots like gamma globulin.

Got our first one today. Moderna brand.
I asked for the light one with fewer calories.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm amazed someone hasn't shot you before.  I've been shot for every disease imaginable (except COVID....so for) and some wide spectrum "just in case"shots like gamma globulin.

So that explains a lot of things!

4 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Besides the sore arm, your spelling and grammar seem to be affected...

Fish/shellfish allergies seem to be a bad match for either of the two vaccines. Also if your doc has recommended you carry an epi-pen, both vaccines may be a bad match.

I can not comment on iodine, I have no knowledge for it.

But have heard for the rest that the sore arm may get a bit freaky over the course of a week but it's not something that seems to be causing long term problems.

Certainly having a sore arm for a few days is better than giving a potentially deadly disease to someone allergic to shellfish or carries an epi-pen

2nd shot of Pfizer is the bummer but the 1st shot of Moderna thats a problem.  I had the first of the latter last Friday and by Saturday I had a hurting arm, fever, headache, and felt like hell, slept for a couple days and then was fine.  Be sure and stay up with extra vitamin D, C, and B12, etc.  It helps.

2 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Besides the sore arm, your spelling and grammar seem to be affected...

Wasn't the shot.

Forty Rod turned autocorrect off on his computer, then sent an email to BMC; this triggered BMC's autocorrect to shut down as well.

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’m keeping people 6ft away.

Me too. Old cop habits die hard. :lol:

Next shot is in 28 days. Hey.........wait a minute! :o:o

E8B66F16-E1BB-4785-902E-640C81AD9730.jpeg

I got the 1st shot of the Moderna vaccine Thursday at 5:30PM.  My shoulder was definitely sore Friday.  Today almost all the soreness is gone.  The Churchill County Health Dept. was well organized for 70+, no appointment, 1st come 1st serve event.  We showed up 1/2 hour before the start time & the number of cars & pick-up trucks at the fairgrounds looked like there were more 70+ people than the 400 doses advertised.  We were heading home 1 1/2 hour after the start time. 

Got mine Thursday. Only 2 side-effects so far. Was up in Columbia V.A. and the first effect afterwards apparently I went to a new pie store and bought 2 pies. Strawberry Rhubarb and a French Silk. 2nd effect was a tender arm for about 8 hours then it was gone. I actually appreciated the first effect because it caused me to forget all about the 2nd effect. That's how us old geezer's function.:P

29 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

If you have had the shot, keep us updated on the side-effects. 

Noting but a slightly sore arm for about 3 days.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:43 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I heard the second one is REALLY REALLY painful!! Good luck!!:P:P

My wife and I will find out in 2 weeks!

45 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

If you have had the shot, keep us updated on the side-effects. 

After 5 days, nothing.  If anything, my breathing has improved slightly. 

Not certain that is revelant to the issue. 

Archived