SASS Wire Forum

What I like about the NEW Wire format & what I don’t

Pat Riot

So far the new format has a couple of neat features that I like on my iPhone:
For instance:

1. I like that when someone quotes a long post the entire copy of the quieted post doesn’t appear taking up screen space. If you wish to see the entire quoted post you can expand the window.

2. I like that there weren’t major confusing changes and that the new changes “flow” better. I can’t think of a better way to explain what I mean without getting wordy. 
3. I like that when you revisit a thread after new content is added you can scroll down and see a line that says “Unread Replies” letting you know where you left off. 

Dislikes:

1. The bright white background and the blue / gray color scheme. 

I need to check things out on my PC and see how things look. 

What do you like or dislike?

DID I MENTION THE BRIGHT WHITE BACKGROUND?

I was going to add that I liked the new Wire rules announcement thingie but it disappeared. I guess it went away after I accessed it and read both announcements. 

I like the change, easier on the eyes, mine anyway, the old one was getting boring!!:lol:

Can’t post from my home computer!! 

This new background is almost painfully bright!!

I too like the fact that once you leave a thread, and new comments are added, it bookmarks where you left off reading the thread prior

I too dislike the brilliant white background. It's sorta titanium dioxide white........:D Even this emoji smile seems dazzling.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So far the new format has a couple of neat features that I like on my iPhone:
For instance:

1. I like that when someone quotes a long post the entire copy of the quieted post doesn’t appear taking up screen space. If you wish to see the entire quoted post you can expand the window.

2. I like that there weren’t major confusing changes and that the new changes “flow” better. I can’t think of a better way to explain what I mean without getting wordy. 
3. I like that when you revisit a thread after new content is added you can scroll down and see a line that says “Unread Replies” letting you know where you left off. 

Dislikes:

1. The bright white background and the blue / gray color scheme. 

I need to check things out on my PC and see how things look. 

What do you like or dislike?

I'm using a desktop. How do yo do that?*

* He asked only knowing enough about PCs to be dangerous.

Mine always had the line where I left off on a thread and the white background. Other than the blue being darker it's pretty much the same on a PC. And the report/share buttons changing to 3 dots!

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Click on "Expand" at the bottom of the quote window. Scroll up and look at your last post with my quote in it.

I would have hoped the if this new format was to be “Smart Phone Friendly” that there would be more options for fonts in the header of the dialogue box. 

Here is what I see. Not many options for fonts regarding size, color, etc...

BC71A214-CAD1-49F8-8B77-729685C51C21.thumb.png.7c5361d4b1479b4c84d5d42add64ea5a.png

I've already Reported/Requested the following from two of my posts on other threads that PWB linked to in one of his comments.

"One change I would like to see is the notification and email count. It was red; now it is green. It was much more noticeable in red.

There was an place in the Administrator area where changes could be made. When several people mentioned that something was illegible, I gave it more contrast.

Does anyone support my request?"

9 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I've already Reported/Requested the following from two of my posts on other threads that PWB linked to in one of his comments.

"One change I would like to see is the notification and email count. It was red; now it is green. It was much more noticeable in red.

There was an place in the Administrator area where changes could be made. When several people mentioned that something was illegible, I gave it more contrast.

Yes

23 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

+1

They changed to format???:unsure::unsure::unsure:

6 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Click where it say's "Expand" at the bottom of what shows.

Up until a few iterations ago each post in a thread was numbered; it would be grand if that feature could be turned on again.  :rolleyes:

How do I get rid of the extremely annoying announcements, number of replies, popular photos, metrics side bar.  Eats up half of my screen. 

Only shows up on posts I have commented on.

This bright white background is truly obnoxious. One shouldn’t need to modify their overall screen settings to view this forum.

I got up at 04:30 this morning and decided to fool around here in the Saloon. My phone is actually on “Night Shift Mode” (which tones down one’s screen and dampens blue light) and this white screen is still obnoxious. 

I sort of expected a Mod or Admin to step up and at least acknowledge what people have been posting about our “surprise” forum updates. Perhaps they are gathering data and information and will address the new format soon.

I'm wondering about the complaints about the white background. I don't see a problem.

Wondering if certain browsers on certain computers makes a difference.

On my Apple OS X Big Sur, the background is not too bright IMO on either Safari or Firefox.

Wonder if there is a pattern with machine, OS, and browser combinations.

• 3 weeks later...

So, obviously none of these issues have been addressed or commented on by SASS, the Mods, Admins, whoever. 
This isn’t the only thread discussing these updates. It’s also not the only thread that there was no response from SASS or anyone that administers the Wire. 
Pretty lame, SASS. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So, obviously none of these issues have been addressed or commented on by SASS, the Mods, Admins, whoever. 
This isn’t the only thread discussing these updates. It’s also not the only thread that there was no response from SASS or anyone that administers the Wire. 
Pretty lame, SASS. 

The alerts changed from green back to red. The background white was toned down a notch.

And members are slowly learning where the edit function is hidden (the 3 dots) instead of quoting their own posts (yes, that is what I was doing and have seen others quote their own posts).

43 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

The alerts changed from green back to red. The background white was toned down a notch.

And members are slowly learning where the edit function is hidden (the 3 dots) instead of quoting their own posts (yes, that is what I was doing and have seen others quote their own posts).

Gee, thanks John. I guess that makes everything alright then. 

That was sarcasm, by the way...

Archived