SASS Wire Forum

Tennessee State on Shooting USA

Sedalia Dave

2 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

DJ, if you want to get filmed shoot black powder.  One producer told me that he prefers filming black powder shooters because they provide a better visual experience for his viewers.

I shot the black powder match that day (only 4 stages but I shot it clean) and I'm glad I wasn't being filmed...I was nervous enough as it was.

I'm glad they showed nice closeups of the fast shooters like Lefty and Sadie...I was usually shooting just before Lefty so I was unloading when he was shooting.  I got to talk with him a lot at the unloading table and between shooting, but seldom got to watch him actually shoot.  All the shooters helped me a lot; it was my first big match and I hadn't met any of my posse pards before then, but they're friends now!

9 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

hadn't met any of my posse pards before then, but they're friends now!

And that my friends is what Cowboy shooting is all about!

3 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

I hadn't met any of my posse pards before then, but they're friends now!

I hand't shot with anybody on my Posse for either the BP side match or the main match. Made a lot of new friends and had a great time as well.

I had so much fun that I'm going back this year.

43 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

...I had so much fun that I'm going back this year.

Excellent!  Maybe tis year I'll have a buffalo rifle...love to shoot next to you and your Spencer on the Long Range Side Match.  (I never got up there last year.)

Hi all, I'm new to the forum actually my first post. I've been trying to figure out the email conformation and finally did. I just wanted to say I watched this with my wife the other night and y'all where great! I'm in Nashville and have been getting some gear together and hope to meet you all in person soon. Don't know if I'll have everything in time to start shooting this year but this show sure fired me up. Great job guys looks like a fun bunch of folks. 

Needle Nose Tom We shoot in Wartrace on the first and third Saturdays of  each month, if the high temp will exceed 40F. Come out and watch, bring what you have, be ready to have a ball. Let me know when you are coming and Slim or I will have stuff you can use.

Imis ( Be ready for a socially acceptable(?) addiction)

Thank you Imis! I definitely plan on coming out and meeting all of you. I have almost everything minus a shotgun and my leather is being made now. I can tell you I haven't even been to a match and I'm hooked. Got a buddy getting some things together too. See y'all when the weather breaks. Thanks again!!

Them Wartrace folks is of the finest kind. Only bad thing is the eleven hour drive there limits my visits to once a year.

9 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Them Wartrace folks is of the finest kind. Only bad thing is the eleven hour drive there limits my visits to once a year.

Moving here could be an option, love to have y'all here in Middle Tennessee :D

17 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Moving here could be an option, love to have y'all here in Middle Tennessee :D

But then I'd be 11 hours from my 6 grandkids. 

Archived