SASS Wire Forum

New Wire?

I opened the SASS wire and it is an ugly thing that looks like it was designed by Albert Speer.  Is there any way to change the look of the site?  I hate this new one.  If you go up to the upper right hand corner there is an arrow.  If you click on it some menus open but the SETTINGS one is blocked so you can't access it.

Yeah, gonna miss seeing you at WR.  Hopefully EOT at Founders Ranch will come off as planned.  I'm not on an Android.  I am on my desktop and I do not like the new look.

Unfortunately we are a smartphone kinda world. I've noticed more and more websites are being designed to be smartphone-friendly at the cost of being less convenient for PC users. I noticed a bunch of over-run text and other garbage on the new site but that's the way it is I guess.

17 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Unfortunately we are a smartphone kinda world. I've noticed more and more websites are being designed to be smartphone-friendly at the cost of being less convenient for PC users. I noticed a bunch of over-run text and other garbage on the new site but that's the way it is I guess.

I think you are right.  Probably won't make much difference if big tech deplatforms all the gun websites.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yeah, gonna miss seeing you at WR.  Hopefully EOT at Founders Ranch will come off as planned.  I'm not on an Android.  I am on my desktop and I do not like the new look.

Praying it does too.

We will be at Cowtown the 30th...

And at BASF for a week after Fire and Ice!

It’s too bright to suit me and I can’t reply from my computer. I can work off of my phone, but this is messed up!

1 hour ago, Stoney Bottoms, SASS #52760 said:

I need sunglasses to read the wire

I was just thinking that.

The new format is quite readable on my tablet; on my laptop or desktop it's almost painful.  I can only lurk for a few minutes at a time before it becomes notably uncomfortable.  :wacko:

Yes, this new format is much too bright. 

Anyone remember the old days when you could change your background colors and appearance? It seems nowadays the internet and forums are high tech in a lot of ways but low tech regarding member controls. 

Archived