SASS Wire Forum

LOL! SPAM

With all the technology we have, isn't it too bad no White Hat Hacker hasn't come up with a program to follow the electronic trail back to it's originator and really mess up their system?

I know I'd buy the software.

25 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

With all the technology we have, isn't it too bad no White Hat Hacker hasn't come up with a program to follow the electronic trail back to it's originator and really mess up their system?

Unfortunately, the source of the spam is likely some innocent person's computer that has been hijacked. Messing up their system isn't the right answer.

But ISPs could monitor for and shut down access for compromised computers. Some computer starts sending a bunch of mail? You and I surfing the web should not be doing that.

11 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

yes , my thought as well and put the hurt on them big time , 

11 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Those are called "Black Ice" programs. Some companies tried them some time ago, problem was the hackers were college students and it trashed a bunch of university computers. I am sure some folks are still using them somewhere.

6 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Those are called "Black Ice" programs. Some companies tried them some time ago, problem was the hackers were college students and it trashed a bunch of university computers. I am sure some folks are still using them somewhere.

Good. In my opinion it doesn’t matter where the computers are or who owns the computers. I am quite sure those colleges knew or could find out who was in those computers, but that would take work...we can’t have any of that now can we?

2 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Did they tell you that your car's warranty was about to expire?

Ha--Our car was only 2-3 weeks old when we got our first call about the warranty running out. 2 1/2 years later it's still running out!

53 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Ha--Our car was only 2-3 weeks old when we got our first call about the warranty running out. 2 1/2 years later it's still running out!

Got you beat. My truck was a 1974 Mazda Rotary Engine Pickup and I was getting calls on it up to 2017!:rolleyes:

I wonder what they would have quoted me if I had responded?

BTW - I sold it in 2017.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/n79Gfsk.jpg[/img]

Archived