SASS Wire Forum

Bankruptcy

Red Cent

No one has posted the NRA done filed for BR?

oooopppsss!!!

Raylan

NRA files for banckruptcy

By Raylan, Friday at 05:17 PM in SASS Wire Saloon

There were posts about it on Friday here and on the Wire.

With the exception of the state of New York and the IDIOT attorney general of that state, I guess everyone is just moving on.  It is just a smart move to abandon a place where the powers that be are so vehemently determined to cause trouble and destroy human rights!!  

The declaration of bankruptcy is a simple legal maneuver to remove jurisdiction from the hands of those who would misuse the court system!!

I think it is more likely that the NRA is using bankruptcy to strip itself of debt, while protecting what assets it has from the claims of creditors.  It cannot escape the NY litigation by re-incorporating in Texas; it will remain liable to suit in NY for some time.

Still, a prudent move looking forward.  Too bad they didn't do it a couple of years ago.

LL

The NRA is basically 2 corporation, the for profit, political arm we all know about and the not for profit side that supports Eddie Eagle and other shooting and educational activities. i wonder how this will play out?

I have donated to Eddie Eagle for years and use it as a qualifying charity for my tax returns.

Archived