SASS Wire Forum

MBPGA 2021

Big Iron Bohannon

Howdy all!

Well here's the chance to smoke up the home for the 2021 EOT! Come check out the range, shoot a fantastic old school match of black powder! This is always a super fun weekend! 

I'm looking forward to it and seeing everyone again. 

Get those apps in. 

On 2/18/2021 at 8:58 PM, C.C. Top said:

Howdy all!

Well here's the chance to smoke up the home for the 2021 EOT! Come check out the range, shoot a fantastic old school match of black powder! This is always a super fun weekend! 

I'm looking forward to it and seeing everyone again. 

Get those apps in. 

Sent our apps in a while back and looking forward to the match.  It will be our first shoot in Indiana, so another notch on the state count.  Still a long way to go to get to 48, don't think Alaska or Hawaii are likely possibilities.

For anyone who has not filled out their application yet, below is a fillable version of the application.  Open it with Adobe Reader, and you should see all of the data entry fields highlighted in blue.  Click on the fields, type in your info, print, mail it in, and we will see you at the match, maybe (depends on how much smoke there is!) B)

Category selection boxes work like radio buttons, click one and it clears any other selection, and don't forget the "Agree to terms and conditions......" box.

MBPGA 2021 App - Fillable.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suspect a bunch of folks are camping for the match, but we don't have a camper and gave up tent camping over 30 years ago.  Now roughing it for us is spending a night at the Econo-Lodge.  :rolleyes:   Nothing against Econo-Lodges mind you, there are some nice ones out there, but our last one had more bugs in it than our last tent! :P

We have a room booked at the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw (cause we have lots of points from other mis-adventures) and burn them for Cowboy Travel.  We actually had rooms booked there for EOT too, but as we were about number 30,000,000 on the wait list, we cancelled those a while back.

So, where is everyone else staying?

Staying at the Pass. Stop by. There is a chair and a cold one waiting for you.

• 3 weeks later...

With the conclusion of the Eas'dern Shore Roundup this past weekend, next on the agenda is MBPGA just 19 days away!  Looking forward to the chance to shoot in Indiana for the first time.  Got a couple of shoots north of the old Mason-Dixon line that are still on our To-Do list, but they will have to wait a few years until we get a few more life details sorted out.

Is there a Shooters List out there somewhere in Internet Land?  I don't see anything on the website, but with EOT being held there this year, I am sure they have their hands full.  Doesn't matter either way, I just like to know who will be there so I can be sure to say Howdy to folks I haven't seen in a while.

Twelve Days To Go and time is moving sooooooo sloooooooow!

tenor.gif

We are heading that way on Friday Morning the 21st so we don't arrive dead tired the night before the match.  Might possibly head that way on Thursday evening the 20th and do a stop-over in Ohio as I still have a few things to take care of to settle my Aunt's estate, then head the rest of the way Friday afternoon, but hopefully I can resolve that before we leave town.

Looking forward to the Match and seeing some old friends, meeting some new ones, and forgetting about the rest of the world or a few days! 

With just a little luck, in exactly 7 Days, Lil and I will be checked into our hotel for the match.  Lot of miles (both literally and figuratively) between now and then and here and there, but it's getting close.

With apologies to Dr. Suess.

7 Days between Then and Now,

7 Days between There and Here

Then and Now, There and Here,

I'm sure to be tired anywhere!  :lol:

03_drseuss_decoration.thumb.jpg.1da1670d2d0107230af8045eabe52084.jpg

THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Gonna be fun!!

1 hour ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Gonna be fun!!

Watched the grandkids this weekend so my son and his wife could pack for their upcoming move.  Chaos ensued, as expected, but I did get some prop work done for the upcoming Maryland State Match in June.

With the grandkids safely returned to their parents last night, I started accumulating our gear in the living room this morning in preparation for the trip.  Packing Thursday and departure either Thursday PM or Friday AM.  I can hardly wait!

Hitting the road in the AM for arrival around supper time in Etna Green, IN.  Looking forward to the match. (Even though it's going to be a HOT one!)

For all those traveling to the match today and tomorrow, travel safe and don't get waylaid by any strangers!

Mariposa_Wagon_Trail_photo_4_2015.jpg

See You All Soon!

1 hour ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Wagon is packed, last few tasks before we hit the trail in about 1 hour.  Hope I didn't forget anything!

1fd42c3fb5b4b1b953f99d42f71aeb10.jpg

See You All There!

Your chair and cold one are waiting.

12 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Your chair and cold one are waiting.

Made it to the hotel about 7:30, unpacked the wagon, hit the local grocery store for a dessert for the cookout and a few adult beverages, and hitting the hay early.

See you all in the AM!

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Stopped e for a visit this morning. Sure looked like some fun stages!

Trust me.....they are.

Today was a real hoot, but not without a little chaos thrown in the mix.  Easy to forget how the game was played 20 years ago, but some of the throwback stuff was fun to see again and Day 2 looks like it has a few more surprises in store.

I am certainly not setting any speed records, but I'm having a great time, and it is a truly awesome Cowboy Town!

Well, the match is in the books. Can't say enough about this match. If you don't shoot Black Powder, now is the time to start just so you can shoot this match. Thanks to Big Iron Bohannon and his crew for a fantastic and fun shoot. A lot of crazy old-school cowboy action fun. And by the way, CC Top and the Paradise Pass crew have the range in great shape for EOT next month. Can't wait.

Archived