SASS Wire Forum

MBPGA 2021

Big Iron Bohannon

OK Folks....The long awaited details for MBPGA 2021 are out!!!  Please join us at Paradise Pass in Etna Green, IN for this years Black Powder shoot.  The dates are May 22-23, 2021.  This is a BP only shoot with a lot of old school elements in it!!  If you missed it last year, talk to someone that was there, it was a blast!!!  If you did join us last year, there will be a few more surprises this year, plus maybe another chicken or two!!  We hope you all can make it to this fun and smoky weekend!!!  We will have the hog roast/potluck Saturday night again,  it was a huge success with lots of good food!!!  If you have any questions, shoot Deuce or myself a message!!

mbpga 2021 pdf.pdf

I had a great time last year and looking forward to this years shoot, fun old school stages,,, shooting Frontiersman again this year.

Johnny Rebel

I wouldn't miss this match for the world! I was even more excited when I learned that EOT was going to be hosted there four weeks later. Looks like I will be making two trips up to Indiana this year. I hear rumors that there are going to be some other from the "South" coming up to play as well.

Will there be on-line registration?
I won't know until late, so I prefer on-line registration to mail-in.

Thanks

--Dawg

What was the name of that song?  Oh yeah, I remember...  "Indiana want's me, Lord I can't go back there"..... :rolleyes::lol:

Did a lot of schedule shufflin', but it looks like Lil & I will be going to Indiana, maybe Twice, and in the same year!  Who would have ever believed it.

Applications are in the mail, Hotel Reservations are set, now I just need to make sure there is enough ammo!  Going to be a late night arrival on Friday, probably just after midnight, but we will be on the range Saturday AM for the Main Match.  Maybe not quite bright-eyed and bushy tailed, but bleary eyed or tail dragging, we will be there and ready to have some fun.  Probably have to skip the warm-up as that will undoubtedly interfere with my functionally necessary Caffeine Infusion Session :P but we will be there!

Looking forward to it!

Are there any special rules to watch out for while driving with Cowboy Guns across the N.W. corner of Illinois for a Canadian Shooter ? My shortest route 1.800 Miles one way has me going that way ...

Jabez Cowboy 

Originally from Illinois, but @Lawdog Dago Dom can probably give more detailed info. NW corner is pretty friendly but avoid Cook County and Chicago at all costs.

Jabez--The NW corner isn't horrible, but Chicago is a nightmare.  If there is a way to go around it, go around!!!  I would google it or find someone from Illinois that might know better.  You can always take the ferry from Wisconsin to Michigan and drop straight down.  I'm not sure how much time that will add to the trip though.

2 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Are there any special rules to watch out for while driving with Cowboy Guns across the N.W. corner of Illinois for a Canadian Shooter ? My shortest route 1.800 Miles one way has me going that way ...

Jabez Cowboy 

No special rules. When I have to travel through Illinois, I make it a point never speed or to stop in the state. (Unless the bladder says otherwise)

Make the widest swing around Chicago as possible. 

App went in the mail today.

4 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Originally from Illinois, but @Lawdog Dago Dom can probably give more detailed info. NW corner is pretty friendly but avoid Cook County and Chicago at all costs.

No problems from LEO.

Just don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself (No Cheech and Chong road type antics).

Most of your road issues around Chicago are from idiots who are suspended, revoked, warrants on file, etc; and haven't get the memo to quit driving.

Little or no bail/bond is a big help there also. 

Thanks For the Info ,,, But it looks like the boarder is to remain shut ... legal Citizens need not apply .....

I was thinking of a road tripin my Class C Motorhome :(...

Jabez Cowboy

Let me know what I can do to help. For this, EOT and Indiana State. Be glad to help out. Had 20 pounds of venison brats made and need help getting them ate up.

Archived