SASS Wire Forum

THE KITCHEN

Colorado Coffinmaker

Become One with the bag. 

If that doesn't work, I use a flat hand on each side.  Rub hands back and forth until a small opening appears at the mouth (?) of the bag.  Exploit that opening!

Grasp the bag between opposing thumb/fingers (where it's supposed to spread apart) and rub back and forth. When the bag lips separated, sprinkle a small amount of black powder between the lips. Grasping bag on either side of lips, pull vigorously in opposite directions. In certain conditions,  bag should open easily and in a rapid manner.

Not many,Joe. I haven't for years.:rolleyes:

As far as those bags go, if I have trouble getting it to open, I hand it to the wife before I get too frustrated. She seems to have a magic touch with them. It also depends on the brand. I've got several rolls here that haven't given me any problems. I inherited them from a co-worker so not sure of maker. I've also had some that I just handed to the wife to deal with because  I knew I wasn't going to have any succes:blush:s

47 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Find the end. Grasp the sides. Shake it like you are shaking out the tablecloth outside. That gets air into it.

(Lordy, that takes meback.  Hoe many people use a tablecloth every day now?)

We do.  Not an expensive one but use one nonetheless.  Uno is a messy eater.  I used to tease him by telling him I knew what he had for lunch because it was all over his shirt.  Since the table was a hand-me-down from his parents and he treasures it, we use a table cloth with a plastic sheet overlay {for just us} to help keep the table looking good.  When company comes over, the plastic sheet goes away.

4 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Has anybody figured out how to get the "Static Cling" out of Tall Kitchen Trash Bags so they will open up??

Hand the bag to the Mrs.

Dampen your fingers. Pinch bag between thumb and index finger, slide finger back towards palm pressing against thumb with bag top between finger and thumb. Bag top should open up. At the opening grab one side with one hand on and one hand at the other and separate the halves. Then throw your hands in the air launching the bottom of the bag upward then come down fast while pulling the opening open to fill the bag with air and pop it fully open. 

Do not do this in the middle of the night. You may get shot. 

Damn...I should’ve just posted this:

Naw.  I can "open" a Kitchen Trash Bag.  I can even open those supermarket P#$^&*@e bags.  But . . . . after popping open the bag, when I put it into the trash can, they seem to "suck" back together and you have to fight with 'em to get the first stuff innem.  What a GROAN.  My Sweetheart seems to have no problem.  Probably simpler to just hand the D@#$ things to her and walk away.  Sulking.

For putting the bags into the trash can, after popping open the bag, trap as much air in the bag as possible, slide the inflated bag into the can, gradually then open the bag and pull the open mouth over the sides of the can.

54 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

My Sweetheart seems to have no problem.  Probably simpler to just hand the D@#$ things to her and walk away.  Sulking.

Face it, CC.  There are some things in life that men just don't have the correct DNA for.  Re-bagging the trash can is not one of them.  Celebrate diversity, they say. :P

On 1/16/2021 at 11:22 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Find the end. Grasp the sides. Shake it like you are shaking out the tablecloth outside. That gets air into it.

(Lordy, that takes meback.  Hoe many people use a tablecloth every day now?)

We do. And cloth napkins. We are dang near as classy and the Yellowstone Ranch. :D

On 1/16/2021 at 9:53 AM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Has anybody figured out how to get the "Static Cling" out of Tall Kitchen Trash Bags so they will open up??

What is your problem...My 2 year grandson opens them with ease...I pick up the trash and he puts a new one in...Have you tried breaking some wind into them??

Texas Lizard

Archived