SASS Wire Forum

Lesser Of Two Evils - Lowes Or Best Buy

Calamity Kris

We have a cook top on the island in the kitchen.  It doesn't have a vent hood.  We will be putting a new roof on the house in the near future {mandated by our homeowners insurance} so we thought that was the best time to install an externally exhausted vent hood.  The only two places that carry the one we want is Best Buy or Lowes.  {I've just spent the last several hours searching the web for ANYWHERE else....}  I have had bad and expensive experiences in the past with both of those stores. 

Which one would you recommend and why?

The hood we're interested in  https://www.zlinekitchen.com/8gl2hi

I've been happy with Home Depot. I'll never walk into another Lowe's. I think they get trained on how to stare past a customer as they walk right past you. 

I got screwed over by Best Buy....twice.  I won't give them a third chance.

Lowe's Is a ten minute walk from my house.  I'd drive an hour that go in that place again.

If you know for certain what you want, look at Amazon

I had Lowes install a new dishwasher and a new toliet.  Both were good experiences - fair prices and timely installation.

Locally, we have Lowes, Home Depot and Best Buy. Lowes gave me one of those customer cards, and they give me an automatic 10% veteran discount (sometimes they will ask for my ID, often not). I may or may not think to ask for it at Home Depot. When my mother-in-law was receiving at home hospice, her refrigerator quit working. We went to Lowes and they said they could get one out to us in three days. My wife explained the situation (very matter of fact, no hand wringing or anything, just what the situation was and why we needed it). The delivery manager took five minutes and said "It'll be there tomorrow morning." It was

I have bought 3 freezers from Best Buy.Good experiences all 3 times.

Usually shop Home Depot for hardware and such.Dont much care for Lowes.My usual go to is Ace Hardware,just because they are close.

Choctaw

That hood looks cool.  We don't have anything but lowes and Walmart so lowes.  They usually do good work,  once they didn't install some windows right and they leaked.  Other times everything was great.  Depending on the contractor they send.

We have had very good service from 2 different Lowes 300 miles apart.

The LOWES we have in Maryville and Knoxville, Tennessee display Southern hospitality at its best..... atleast with all the dealings

I've had with them.

I've bought dish washers, washers & dryers and refrigerators from them with great service.  And they've honored a couple

warranties when needed.

They also, like some other stores, give VA discounts (10%).

..........Widder

Does not matter which store for me in general, but before you buy something like a vent hood...

Find the installation instructions (on line) and go through to find what else is required. I have found the stores quite often have the hood but not the factory part to adapt it to your chosen ducting. And not only do they not stock the part, many can not even order it!

Lowes or Home Depot, I'll NEVER buy from Best Buy, got terrible service there a couple times!

Howdy,

Snow in Hell??

There was this Chicago gangster. A real rotten sort. Cut up witness's 

set fires for insurance money.  Pimped out girls on drugs. Just scum.

And he died and went to Hell. The Devil put him in a stinking pit and turned up the heat.

Devil came back to see him and he was sitting back and said 'this aint so bad, like the city in june.'

So the Devil stomped over to his henchmen and screamed MORE heat.

The next day Devil comes by and here is the gangster whistling and waving saying

Just like the old neighborhood in August.  The fond memories are wonderful.

The Devil calls a meeting all his henchmen cower as the Devil demands better torture.

One henchman suggests that if heats of Hell dont work how about trying cold?

Lightning bolts flash from the Devils eyes and he screams Cold it is.

The furnace stops, the cold washes thru Hell. Ice crystals fall from the air.

The Devil walks down the hall and past the pit.

The Devil hears screaming and the Devil smiles until he sees the gangster.

The gangster is smiling and dancing and yelling 'The cubs won the world series.'

Best

CR

The Lowes here in Osage Beach has reserved parking and a discount for veterans.

I have used them for years with good service and installation.

I drive by Home Cheapo to get there. IMHO

9 minutes ago, Coyote Kid, SASS#54714 said:

The Lowes here in Osage Beach has reserved parking and a discount for veterans.

I have used them for years with good service and installation.

I drive by Home Cheapo to get there. IMHO

There's two Home Depots here and they also have reserved parking for veterans and discounts.

Thank you for your advice.  I do appreciate it.

Well, I found this place on line that has a really good rep and great customer service, so the ratings say.  The Range Hood Store.   I will likely order from them.  I will call them next week to see if there are any additional parts for installation I need to order along with the hood.  The contractor that is putting on our roof also has a general contractors license so he will be doing the install on the hood.  We are planning to do both operations at once.

Thank you again!!!  :wub::wub:

Archived