SASS Wire Forum

The Last of That Generation

Subdeacon Joe

My last Aunt. Juanita Farris. reposed in the Lord this morning. 

My dad's older sister,  aged 97.  Was active and vigorous until just a few months ago.  The last of that generation of my family. 

A long and full life for an elegant and gracious Lady.  

An honor to have known her.  

FB_IMG_1610766801523.jpg

FB_IMG_1610766810704.jpg

Just now, DeaconKC said:

Prayers for your family

Thank you.   No need for the sad face.   Yes, our loss, but now she is fully alive in Christ.  Her example lives on in her beautiful daughters, grandchildren,  and great grandchildren. 

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

Thank you.   No need for the sad face.   Yes, our loss, but now she is fully alive in Christ.  Her example lives on in her beautiful daughters, grandchildren,  and great grandchildren. 

Knowing we will see them again is such a great comfort. Psalms 91

You’re right to celebrate her life and memories!!

I got to thinking about it at work. Her passing severs all the living ties to my parent's generation.  Parents both reposed. All their siblings reposed now.

And my brothers and I are not so young now.   My brothers were born in 1945, 1947, and 1950, respectively.  I  came along in 1957.  Torches are starting to burn low.

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I got to thinking about it at work. Her passing severs all the living ties to my parent's generation.  Parents both reposed. All their siblings reposed now.

And my brothers and I are not so young now.   My brothers were born in 1945, 1947, and 1950, respectively.  I  came along in 1957.  Torches are starting to burn low.

I got a feeling you'll be around for many more years; passing along a lot of joy and wisdom to the younger generations the same way your Aunt passed them to you.

29 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I got a feeling you'll be around for many more years; passing along a lot of joy and wisdom to the younger generations the same way your Aunt passed them to you.

I expect another 20 years to 25 years , barring accidents.   That would put me in line with my dad.  Although a couple of his brothers died in their 50s.  You never know the number of your days.

All of the women of that age seem to be seem to be blessed with a sense of elegance.  Mine died a couple of years ago and she was apologizing for the problem her passing was going to create.

Condolances

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You can be sad over her passing, but you can also revel in her life and what  she has meant to you.

Exactly.   What i posted on one of my cousin's FB pages:

Her legacy lives on.  Her beautiful, talented children.  Her grandchildren, and great grandchildren are testaments to her love and her generous spirit.

Let us not mourn her passing as she is now fully alive in the Lord, but let us rejoice that we were blessed to have known her.

Truely, her memory shall be eternal.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which she has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.
For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen
May He Who arose from the dead, Christ our true God, through the prayers of His all-pure Mother; of the holy, glorious and all laudable Apostles; of our holy and God-bearing Fathers; and of all the saints; establish the soul of His servant who has  been taken from us, in the mansion of the righteous; give him rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number him among the just; and have mercy on us, forasmuch as He is good and loves mankind.

Grant rest eternal in blessed repose, O Lord, to Thy servant who has fallen asleep, and make his memory to be eternal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-FdhLoFgkc

please pass on to the next generation everything she meant to you , im the eldest in my family still alive , i have watched so many pass without the next generation really getting to know them for whatever reason [in my case some were war related] it still matters that they are remembered and that their contributions were worthy of remembering , pass that on , 

Archived