SASS Wire Forum

RIP Lobo Joe

Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118

Recently learned of the passing of Lobo Joe, long time Arizona Territorial Company of Rough Riders and range master at Winter Range.  I first met Joe when I came to Winter Range in 2007, in 2010 he asked be to  be a posse marshal at WR. I enjoyed working with Lobo, I always thought he keep the shooters in mind and was a great asset to Winter Range. He will be sorely missed. See you down the trail Lobo Joe.

TB

Sad notice Bill.  Lobo Joe was indeed a fine fellow.  Although we enjoyed our chat when we had a chance, I remember he was one who used to call me in regards to Posse Marshalling at WR.  God comfort family and friends.

Lobo Joe was a great guy. I used to hang out with him in his fifth wheel in Cody, he had air conditioning. We shot together on many occasions and enjoyed derringer side matches together. RIP pard! Prayers up for Miss Hattie. 

Well that is sad news hearing about Lobo Joe's passing. Fantastic & Great pard. May RIP.\

Thoughts & prayers up for family.

JRJ & SP

Met Joe many years ago in Washington. He was a great fellow and a real asset to the Cowboy Action Shooting world. I also use to get calls from him about being a posse leader at WR. We could use more folks just like him.

Snakebite

RIP Joe, we will miss you

RIP Lobo Joe.

Happy trails Lobo

Lobo Joe if I remember correctly, Joe Abrams. Retired AF colonel, and Alaska State Trooper. He was also a pilot, told me about his experiences flying super cubs in Alaska. Joe lived a full life and enjoyed living. I could be wrong about some of the facts. My wife and I always looked forward to spending time with he and his bride.

Condolences, he was always one of the "Happy Cowboys" smiling on the range. 

Archived