SASS Wire Forum

McMaster Carr Catalog craziness???

Cholla

I was cruising eBay looking for old tobacco prize catalogs when McMaster Carr catalogs popped up and they are selling for up to $400 each for newer catalogs. At my old job I bought many items out of our MC catalog and threw the old ones away when we got the new ones. That now seems like a mistake. Does anyone know what is causing this craze?

5 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I was cruising eBay looking for old tobacco prize catalogs when McMaster Carr catalogs popped up and they are selling for up to $400 each for newer catalogs. At my old job I bought many items out of our MC catalog and threw the old ones away when we got the new ones. That now seems like a mistake. Does anyone know what is causing this craze?

Great outfit for machinists and hot rodders!!  No idea why their old catalogs would be worth so much!!

43 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Is that an ended auction sold price, or asking price? You can list items for any price you want, but finding a buyer that is willing to pay stupid prices is a whole 'nother thing.

Nope>>> Sold catalogs. I threw away thousands of dollars over the years!

image.thumb.png.7c30bca55ef4b2da796f500a57b99896.png

2 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Nope>>> Sold catalogs. I threw away thousands of dollars over the years!

image.thumb.png.7c30bca55ef4b2da796f500a57b99896.png

That's crazy, I tossed all my old ones out too!

My understanding is you need to be a ligitimat industrial business to receive a catalog. Otherwise you need to order off the web site which can be extremely daunting. Home workshop folks buy these catalogs to make research and ordering easier.

Archived