SASS Wire Forum

Gun confiscation

Dirty Dan Dawkins

If those who own them refuse to turn them in and keep them concealed, only to be used at greatest need.  The government will be hard pressed to corral them!!

If those who had gold were savvy enough to melt their coins down and pass them off as jewelry, the government would have been none the wiser!!

During the years I had my column in the Cowboy Chronicle, I frequently addressed this very topic.  I was and still am convinced you'll not see government officials coming to your door to confiscate your guns, rather they'll tie it to something you need such as a critical license you must have to make a living, to receive medical attention or as this article predicts, making it a felony if you do not comply.

I've also said that the individual standing on the road of disobedience/resistance will become road kill.  It's going to take a coordinated effort headed by a combined force of such organizations such as the NRA, GOA and SAF among others to lead this effort bringing millions of gun owners together in a massive, yet peaceful, movement if Americans are to successfully resist and uphold the Second Amendment.

Just the view from my foxhole.... 

2 hours ago, Colonel Dan, SASS #24025 said:

During the years I had my column in the Cowboy Chronicle, I frequently addressed this very topic.  I was and still am convinced you'll not see government officials coming to your door to confiscate your guns, rather they'll tie it to something you need such as a critical license you must have to make a living, to receive medical attention or as this article predicts, making it a felony if you do not comply.

I've also said that the individual standing on the road of disobedience/resistance will become road kill.  It's going to take a coordinated effort headed by a combined force of such organizations such as the NRA, GOA and SAF among others to lead this effort bringing millions of gun owners together in a massive, yet peaceful, movement if Americans are to successfully resist and uphold the Second Amendment.

Just the view from my foxhole.... 

Thanks Colonel Dan, but I fear that it will be a repeat of history.  We keep expounding on what is happening and and explain what is needed, we see the mass inaction and then I start thinking Martin Niemöller who was was a German theologian and Lutheran pastor. He is best known for his opposition to the Nazi regime during the late 1930s and for his widely quoted poem featured on the United States Holocaust Memorial reads:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

He was imprisoned for his opposition to the Nazi regime in the Dachau concentration camps.  I fear that history will repeat itself as PBS Chief Counsel Michael Beller  He Threatens to Take Republican Children & Put Them "Into Re-Education Camps" of course PBS fired him for the comment but it was echoed.  People better start paying attention and pull their heads out or we'll be in it deep.

Charlie

You're right Charlie...it could very well be a repeat of history if the different factions and organizations don't unite against it.  If individuals see this as and are forced into a "stand alone" protest the chances of repeating history increase exponentially.

I have quoted him before but it seems fit to do it again because everyone appears to be placing a high value on their station in life, what they have and who they are....with an it can't happen to me attitude only to someone else..., but one leader said this:  A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.  his name, Dwight D. Eisenhower, how right he was.

The problem is that a large portion of the younger generation have not be taught our history or values at school or home.  They believe they are special and should have things given to them with having to work for it; but just because they want it.  They have not been taught the value of things therefore they do not value the freedoms they enjoy and profess.  They do not know or care how these freedoms were gained or the cost that was paid.  They will only understand once it is to late and they lose them.  

My comment "They will only understand once it is to late and they lose them" can also be applied to the apathetic who do not wish to act.

My conversations with the age 30~40 year range peers of my adult children, confirm Charlie's comments above.
This is further confirmed by watching the Watters interviews with this age group on the beach boardwalk in San Diego.

Most are rabid Trump-haters (but don't know why) and a very few are simply obtuse.
They support censorship and ANTIFA/BLM, voted for Biden or Bernie and cheer for Ocasio-Cortez.

All are products of California public schools.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 8:25 AM, Colonel Dan, SASS #24025 said:

You're right Charlie...it could very well be a repeat of history if the different factions and organizations don't unite against it.  If individuals see this as and are forced into a "stand alone" protest the chances of repeating history increase exponentially.

image.png

Archived