SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Wrangler

Don't know about stoning...but I have been told that spring kits for a single six will fit and make a huge difference

I bought two of the 30-17 shooter pak from Wolff springs for my new wranglers a few months ago. Took 15 min to install and makes the action much smoother and lighter 

https://www.gunsprings.com/Revolvers/RUGER/SINGLE ACTION SERIES/

it’s not exactly a jimmy Spurs job but makes it much easier to run for cowboy stages. 

After shooting Jimmy Spurs Vaquero's all these years, these Wranglers feel pretty rough! Fun however!:D

My research so far indicates using the 30oz. trigger spring andd a 17-18 pound main spring. Some have said they got light hits with the 17# and just added a washer or 2.

13 hours ago, vidette said:

I bought two of the 30-17 shooter pak from Wolff springs for my new wranglers a few months ago. Took 15 min to install and makes the action much smoother and lighter 

https://www.gunsprings.com/Revolvers/RUGER/SINGLE ACTION SERIES/

it’s not exactly a jimmy Spurs job but makes it much easier to run for cowboy stages. 

Did these fit right in or do they need modification for the Wrangler. Thanks in advance.

I'll be good putting them in, just wondered if they might need to be reworked to fit the Wrangler. Thanks for your continued input, it helps us all.:FlagAm:

I have two wranglers, cut 1.5 coils off the stock hammer springs and reshaped the trigger return spring (lighten up a bit). Helped a fair amount. You can only go so light on a rimfire. I tried some of the short Vaquero springs design for guns with grip locks. They felt great in the Wrangler, but wouldn't set of the 22LR ammo consistent enough.  Haven't found solution for that "killer on the fingers" loading gate, although my grandson seem to be able to open them fine with his smaller fingers.  

I trace the outline of the loading gate spring on paper then squeeze with pliers a little, just a little, about half the spring thickness.  Works great on Vaquero’s too. Makes those tiny loading gates a little easier to open.

95908D9A-E3BD-4382-A93C-5102331B39BB.jpeg

9B70E5CC-D6ED-4784-9FE4-6B6C99C10173.jpeg

Got a brace for the grandson. They we're stiff for him so a set of single six springs fixed them right up. The loading gate is very tight but will lighten with a few more matches thru them..

Archived