SASS Wire Forum

WTB Reminton 870 20 Ga Barrel

I have an old Remington 870 20 gauge I think it would make a dandy house gun so I am looking for an old beater spare barrel to make into a legal 18" so it will handle better

870 Wingmaster or 870 Express will work ..NO light weight or left handed

If you have one you would part with let me know

Thanks

Bear

When you say older 870 20 gauge, how old?  They were once on a 12 gauge sized receiver. Those barrels and the newer ones are not interchangeable. 

On your existing barrel, if you take it off the receiver if you can pass a quarter through the ring that slides over the magazine tube then you have an older large ring 870 20 gauge.  If you cannot then it is a newer small ring.

Hope this helps. The Express youth model barrels are great to find inexpensively for your desired purpose. They are 21" and are Remchoke so you can swap out tubes to get a good pattern.  A plus 3 magazine extension will come just about flush with these as well. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Lee Swagger, SASS #49893 said:

When you say older 870 20 gauge, how old?  They were once on a 12 gauge sized receiver. Those barrels and the newer ones are not interchangeable. 

On your existing barrel, if you take it off the receiver if you can pass a quarter through the ring that slides over the magazine tube then you have an older large ring 870 20 gauge.  If you cannot then it is a newer small ring.

Hope this helps. The Express youth model barrels are great to find inexpensively for your desired purpose. They are 21" and are Remchoke so you can swap out tubes to get a good pattern.  A plus 3 magazine extension will come just about flush with these as well. 

Well a quarter definitely falls thru the ring portion that slides over the magazine tube ..but I'm wondering if by chance you might be referring to the 870 model referred to as the "Light Weight"(20GA) as I know the light weight barrel will not fit this gun but I am unsure what the physical difference is between an 870 Wingmaster/Express versus the Light Weight

Bear

10 hours ago, Broken Bear, SASS#58418 said:

Well a quarter definitely falls thru the ring portion that slides over the magazine tube ..but I'm wondering if by chance you might be referring to the 870 model referred to as the "Light Weight"(20GA) as I know the light weight barrel will not fit this gun but I am unsure what the physical difference is between an 870 Wingmaster/Express versus the Light Weight

Bear

The expresses will be small ring the came out in the mid/late 80's. All the 20 gauge 870's will be the lightweight or small ring since the late 70's. 

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Bob Lee Swagger, SASS #49893 said:

The expresses will be small ring the came out in the mid/late 80's. All the 20 gauge 870's will be the lightweight or small ring since the late 70's. 

Hope this helps.

Well I am augered if I have to find a 20 Ga bbl with a 12 Ga magazine ring

Bear

Archived