SASS Wire Forum

Wolf primers

Rafe Conager SASS #56958

I just found 2000 wolf small pistol primers in my reloading cabinet,  can't remember where I got them or when.  I have never used this brand so I'm not sure how I came by these,  has anyone used them? How do they compare to federal primers? I have 1000 federals that I want to hold on to for big matches.

Rafe 

Rafe,  I have used the Large Pistol Primers in the past (10,000+) and never had any problems.  If they were stored well I think there would be no problem. I am using Seller and Bellott primers now.  Hope this helps in deciding.   Driftwood Dan

I used Wolf large pistol primers before. They all went off. I did find them to be harder to seat than other primers, made for more high primers. 

I used Wolf for first two years that I shot CAS. Used to get them at gun shows for about $18/1000. Never had a problem but none of my guns had been worked on other than Wolff springs in my Ruger.

7 hours ago, Cumberland Mtn John SASS#40593 said:

Runamuck,

I thought PMC was a South Korean brand?????????????

CMJ

Possibly at some time they were, but the ones I’m using have “made in Russia” printed on the box.

ALL of mine gone Bang for the last 10 years 

9 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

How hard are them S&B compared to Federals? I also just bought a box of 1000 LP. 

Equanimous 

I have not had any problems using the Wolf, Federal, Winchester, S&B primers in my CAS rifles or revolvers they all went bang.  I do have reduced springs. The only time I had a problem was with Winchester 209 primers in my shotgun shells.  Driftwood Dan

On 1/14/2021 at 8:53 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I found them a little harder to seat, and the occasional dud, hard hit, no ignition. would have no problem using at a local match but not in any big match

Me too.

I bought 5k back 7 or 8 years ago.

Had to double tap the lever on the 650 to get them to seat all the way.

Did this 2000 times then sold the other 3k.

Double tapping the lever seems a small price to pay now that it's so hard to find primers. 

Archived