SASS Wire Forum

info on speed of mail

GhostRider, #73 SASSLIFE

With so many items shipped from pards in this forum, my message is only this. "priorty' doesn't mean much to many of us.  The moderators can delete,

move to another forum; I'd comprende.   On January 11 (mailed to me by Pri ,, (see below) with arrival for Jan. 14.  From Mi. to Az, and the item is in Fla. today Jan 14. Won't happen. This is the 5th issue that I've had. That includes 'everything'. The point? be patient. Moderators, I don't mean to trample on anything/forum/person. gr

January 14, 2021
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 14, 2021 at 2:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

January 13, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

January 12, 2021, 2:35 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

January 11, 2021, 10:32 am
USPS in possession of item
CLAWSON, MI 48017         

I had a similar experience, I paid the extra money for priority mail to send from Fl to Seattle area, the package took over a week and was sent to Puerto Rico first to catch a little sun I guess. I would have been better off sending first class with just a stamp.

1 hour ago, Stone Devers said:

WIth covid and the holidays.  Not really an issue as you say.

Patience is all you can have. 

If you want faster, maybe use UPS overnight or 2nd day. 

Had an item shipped USPS "Priority Mail Express" it took 18 days!

The Brown Truck might have been better...

I'm waiting on an antique gun shipped from Arkansas on December 13. Tracking tells me its "in transit". Well of course it is. If the seller shipped it and I haven't got it where else can it be but "in transit"? USPS tracking is worthless.

So far I've been having decent luck with the PO recently. Xmas time however we sent 4 packges Priority to the same area and they spread out over 3 weeks for the deliveries!

I stopped using USPS for financial transactions years ago.  Bills paid immediately arrived weeks past due potentially affecting my credit rating.  This was at the same time a regional mail facility was caught dumping bags of mail.  Service has improved but I see no need to pay bills by snail mail again.

Now here is a good one from V.A.

Tuesday 1/13/21 I sent a message to V.A. informing them I needed some new parts to a C-PACT machine. The parts come from prosthetic's and I did not have their message address. So I sent it to MIT Sleep Technologist. I got a response back that he would take care of it and contact prosthetic's for me and find out what all I needed.

Now to something interesting. That message was sent to MIT at 1003am 1/13/21. The very next day, 1/14/21 I received a very large package from USPS containing all the parts needed. This came from Columbia, Mo. sent to Warsaw, Mo.

I DON'T use FedEx for these reasons!! Seems like they were NEVER on time and usually turned small packages over to USPS anyway!!

I've had the same problems with OOPS lately as well!!

I'm at a loss for an answer as of now!!

I'm tracking a package now that I shipped from NC to WV via "2 Day Mail"  on the 11th.  It's somewhere in MD now...

I recently shipped out two guns, one via USPS (handgun) and one by FedEx ground (long gun), coincidentally both to the same state. The FedEx gun took three days, and the Priority Mail one took fifteen days.

I just received J Frame S&W via USPS Priority Mail in a small Flat Rate box that took seven days - three days longer than the PO's estimate.

I had managed to score 2,500 RMS caps from Midway.  They shipped them UPS and it got within 100 miles and that’s as close as it got.  After 2 weeks with no status update I called UPS and found out as the receiver I couldn’t start a search.  On the plus side Midway refunded my money, on the down side I was out the caps.

A 'pard bought an item from me here in the Classifieds. I told him I would send it via cheapest USPS with tracking. Priority is about 3 days put parcel with tracking can be a couple weeks. He was OK with the deal.

Turned out cheapest was Priority Mail... and the "promised" 3 days turned into a couple weeks anyway but at least it did get to him eventually. I never send anything other than a 1st class letter without tracking, but now with the slow delivery even for Priority Mail, lack of tracking could hurt my reputation as an honest 'pard.

At least with tracking, he knew I did not blow him off or delay shipping the item he bought.

I ordered a bunch of stuff today, will find out in a few days if the various services are past their holiday crunch.

On edit: My short point being... Priority Mail may not mean much right now, but tracking is valuable! Even "in transit" and "accepted by Post Office" lets a buyer know you kept your word on a deal.

Winter Range mailed my refund on December 20th. It arrived today via USPS. 

If you are shipping or receiving anything bulky or heavy, you best avoid FedEx unless you just enjoy long delays (if it EVER gets there) and damaged items. FedEx does seem to have dollies or lift gates for their drivers so they just dump the stuff off their trucks. 

Today is Jan. 15th.....Wanna guess?   Still  in Florida.

January 14, 2021, 2:08 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 14, 2021 at 2:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

Disappointed.....yeah, and my patience is ER.   Best to all..gr

Gun News magazine that I write for, mailed several thousand copies of the December issue at the Peoria, IL main post office. After sorting they are sent to USPS Champaign.

Not one copy made it.

Peoria has a record that they were sent to Champaign, but Champaign claims they never got there.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm."

Today is Jan. 15th.....Wanna guess?  

Expected Delivery byTUESDAY19 JANUARY2021by
9:00pm

Status

Accepted

January 15, 2021 at 9:59 am

USPS in possession of item

LAKE CHARLES, LA 70605 

*************************************************Today's  new priority    How did I know?? *********

A flip-side story. Last week I ordered some dog food from Amazon , on Tuesday evening. Friday about 2:00 PM I see the mail lady park at the end of my driveway and start struggling with a huge box , so I trot out to help her. Sure enough , the dog food.

The only thing consistent with any of the delivery services that I see is their inconsistency.

Rex :D

RexMRugers   " thing consistent with any of"   ..........................you're GOOD!..................        

Archived