SASS Wire Forum

Erin go bragh!

Utah Bob #35998

And it’s a Royal Irish Rifles officer’s swagger stick in case you were wondering. :D

19 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Thought it was Erin go braghless.

She does if she gets enough Teeling in her. :P

14 hours ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

The Royal Irish Rifles is a British unit from Northern Ireland. 

F02E5A49-3018-4B10-95BB-647E56DD8EC2.jpeg

I’m aware. Whiskey has no politics. ;)

I had family in Ireland that would not drink Bushmills because it was “made in the North.”  It is of no consequence to me, but the non-Catholic folks in the North in my experience refer to themselves as British and not Irish.  

1 hour ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

I had family in Ireland that would not drink Bushmills because it was “made in the North.”  It is of no consequence to me, but the non-Catholic folks in the North in my experience refer to themselves as British and not Irish.  

I guess it depends. I know two brothers from Ulster and they’re Irish as hell. And one served in the UDR.

im a scottsman , i know the irish are our cousins , i respect that they are fervent in their beliefs much as i respect that of the mideasterners , i know this goes back centuries and i realize that there are many in my clan that still resent the english for their invasions' ,

im a southerner by roots and we fought on the loosing side of the civil war , ill not give up my stars and bars but i have embraced the union without reserve , it is what has given my family all of the freedom and allowed us to prosper these past decades -century + - since the hostilities ended ,

im also catholic by upraising and see no need to fight over it , ill keep that as long as that provides for my solace , i have my objections to past experiences but i learned long ago not to let that dictate but rather guide my life , 

here is my bottom line -

if political figure continue to use these against us , to divide us , i think we need new Politian's , 

if our religion has any reservations of inclusiveness , i think we need new religion , 

if we cant get over ourselves ........we are doomed to repeat the history that we all know - even if others try to erase it , 

ill tip a glass of good american bourbon ,  irish , or scotch , or a fine english brew , and ill smile at anyone willing to join me in enjoying life - its way too short to waste 

All I wanted to do was drink some whiskey.

Archived