SASS Wire Forum

22s in regular cowboy matches this year

Tulsey, SASS#11236

Some of the local clubs are talking about allowing 22s in their regular monthly matches in a separate category this year because of the ammo and primer shortage. I find it interesting because finding 22 ammo is just as hard as anything else. I guess the thought is more people have their own stash of 22 ammo. One thought from one match director was to look at 22 for rifle and still use regular cowboy pistols.  Any other clubs thinking about doing something like this year? 

We are trying to set up an indoor cowboy match.  We will use our regular pistols but can only shoot 22RF in the indoor range at our club.

i hope more clubs offer options till this smooths over , it was not any of our choice to have the situation arise and for new members its tough enough to get started with everything they are buying to think ahead and hoard enough ammo/components to carry them through , 

i am OK as are most of my friends without worry but we have been at this long enough to anticipate the election cycles and such , my only problem is i decided to shoot a new caliber this past year and didnt quite get the primers taken into account , ill stick with my old - im good there , i have 22s as well , im also introducing a couple new shooters to our game this year if all goes well with my own gear and ammo , 

Clubs around here in south central PA have had a 22LR class for years. Two 22LR SA pistols, 22LR lever or pump rifle, and standard CAS shotgun. One club even has a Wild Bunch class in which a 22LR semi auto & 22LR lever or pump rifle can be used. 

Archived