SASS Wire Forum

Success... It's Done, You Gotta SEE This !!!! 2005 CAS video on the Wire....

Silver Sam, SASS #34718L

The video is from 2005, filmed at a monthly match at The Comanche Valley Vigilante Club when it was in Glen Rose Tx....

The voice over is in Japanese.... It was made for Japan TV.

I've posted videos here before with no problems...

But this one has me Stumped ...... Maybe someone here can tell me how to do it!

I was going through my ammo closet and found a DVD I'd almost forgotten about on Shooting Sports in the US.

It has a really interesting segment on CAS..... which was filmed in Texas at CVV in 2005 by a Japanese Film Crew

I believe it was broadcast on Japanese TV.

I think its really interesting and great fun to watch.

But it's on a DVD and I cant figure out any way to post it.................

Scroll Down about 8 posts............... 

5 minutes ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

I've posted videos here before with no problems...

But this one has me Stumped ...... Maybe someone here can tell me how to do it!

I was going through my ammo closet and found a DVD I'd almost forgotten about on Shooting Sports in the US.

It has a really interesting segment on CAS..... which was filmed in Texas at CVV in 2005 by a Japanese Film Crew

I believe it was broadcast on Japanese TV.

I think its really interesting and great fun to watch.

But it's on a DVD and I cant figure out any way to post it.................

If it helps I'm on a iMac OS X El Capitan

Wish I could help but it’s way above my pay grade.

2 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I would say rip the part of the disk that you want to an MP4 file (free program Handbrake will do that), then upload it to youtube.

Well.... I most likely doing something wrong but that doesn't seem to be working...

I was able to download the DVD to my computer and it's comprised of 8 different components

It has 4 VOB files 2 BUP files and 2 IFO files none seem to be readable... But when I insert the DVD it plays perfectly

4 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Wish I could help but it’s way above my pay grade.

Me Too...... :wacko:

As has been mentioned, download and install handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php

Put the DVD in your computer and rip it to mp4 using handbrake. Their are instructions on the handbrake site 

You might be able to attach the mp4 here, if not upload to YouTube and paste the link here.

1 hour ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Ask the pimply faced 8th grader that lives across the street.

Thats Exactly what I did...... And I THINK it might have worked......

And Goody.... You're in this video :D      Maybe I can edit that part out :P

Anyway.... It appears to converting rite now...

So if that little pimple face, snot nose, kid was Rite, I'll be posting it on the Wire shortly.... keepin' my fingers crossed

13 hours ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

And Goody.... You're in this video :D      Maybe I can edit that part out :P

Why on God's green earth would you ever even think of depriving the good cowfolk here the chance to gaze upon my manly continence? IMHO that makes the whole film clip worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Does anyone know who the young lady with the floppy white hat in the jail scene is?  For some reason she looks strangely familiar.  Not kidding I’m really wondering who she is.

I think that was the Lady in the Film Crew from Japan.

The film was made for a Japanese Gun magazine and I believe it was shown on Nippon TV

I have the full version, it runs about 38 min and Its not all CAS ....  it has some other shooting sports and at the end a very cute young girl

shooting a gun for the first time & giving a lesson in how to pronounce the different parts of a DA revolver.

I'll try to post it over in the Saloon later.....

Goody will like looking at the Cute (and way too young) Girl   :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Hmm, a stage with 6 rifle rounds.  I wonder if we might see more of that later this year?

Yep, and another with only 9 ....... It was'nt always 10-10-4 like it seems to be now.

We also had a Bird thrower set up that was used quite often.... I REALLY did enjoy  that !!!

Sometimes it was part of the stage and sometimes it was a Bonus... Either way it was FUN !!!!!!

Silver Sam!

That was a very fun and professional video to watch;  I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for sharing it.

Mo

1 hour ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Yep, and another with only 9 ....... It was'nt always 10-10-4 like it seems to be now.

We also had a Bird thrower set up that was used quite often.... I REALLY did enjoy  that !!!

Sometimes it was part of the stage and sometimes it was a Bonus... Either way it was FUN !!!!!!

Lone Star used to also have a rabbit thrower that was used. Just as you were pulling the trigger that clay would hit a rock or something on the ground and jump 3 or 4 feet in the air.

1 hour ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Lone Star used to also have a rabbit thrower that was used. Just as you were pulling the trigger that clay would hit a rock or something on the ground and jump 3 or 4 feet in the air.

Yep, We Did.... And I Hated It!!.... The Bird Thrower was Great Fun & I Loved shooting it.

But seems like the only way I could "break" a Rabbit was if a Rock on the ground did it for me :D

10 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Does anyone know who the young lady with the floppy white hat in the jail scene is?  

Looked like that one round almost knocked her over.^_^

Thanks Sam for posting this.  It was great to see some folks I have not seen in a while and some who are unfortunately no longer with us.  Buck Creek was a nice facility and anyone who never had a chance to shoot there sure missed out.  I must not have been there the day they filmed as I am sure that would be in my memory banks.

Scout

On 1/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Nice video, I started in 2005 and was considerably slower than most of those folks. I only recognized 1 cowboy Ringo (By Gawd) Fire!  That is a great looking range

Thanks

Randy

4 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Thanks Sam for posting this.  It was great to see some folks I have not seen in a while and some who are unfortunately no longer with us.  Buck Creek was a nice facility and anyone who never had a chance to shoot there sure missed out.  I must not have been there the day they filmed as I am sure that would be in my memory banks.

Scout

Yep, Too many Faces that unfortunately aren't with us anymore.... 

Buck Creek was an Awesome facility.... Too bad they started building Homes at the back of the range.

As I remember the Film Crew didn't want to make a big deal out of being there...

they wanted to Film the Local Natives in our Natural Habitat.... :D

They sent a few copy's of the DVD to the Club once they got em finished back Home in Japan....

The reason I got one was because they seemed Fascinated that I was shooting a 124 year old Winchester '73

So they made sure I got a copy....

But at the time, I didn't have any way to play a DVD.... So it sat in my ammo closet, forgotten, until a few days ago.

It is a Really Cool Video !!!!

And I still shoot that '73 from  time to time.... 140 yrs & going Strong!!!

On 1/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, Cider Creek Shootist said:

If that don't work , we could all just stop by to see it ? What time would be good for you ?............. :).

That sounds Great!!!

Now that I'm a Video Expert....

I'll convert it to 8mm we can hang one of Mom's Bedsheets on the fence to watch the Show

Cook Hot Dogs over the Fire Pit & drink some Sarsaparilla ........

Just say When :D

Early this morning I watched it on my iPad and just now watched it on my main computer with a large flat screen.  This time I recognized a lot more people I have not seen in a good while and noticed some other things.  Like I don't remember ever seeing Gunslinger with facial hair before. :P

Archived