SASS Wire Forum

There was a person, in congress recently, that was designated to say the opening prayer. He said it, and then, in closing, said: "Amen, and Awomen"!!!!!!

I nearly fell off my rocking horse, when I heard him say that!!! 

Obviously he was trying to be "inclusive", or make some sort of "non-gender, or feminine-position point"! 

At the end of the news story, the reporter said someone had come up to him, and explained to him what "amen" actually meant, and that it had nothing to do with gender, or women's rights, or anything like that.  

I cannot believe I would live long enough to witness this level of ignorance, even in congress!!! 

Also, what does this say about the people that voted to put him in office, and have him represent them in congress????

This would be a pretty funny joke....if it were not true, and even knowing it is true, it is laughable. 

Good Lord help us....no one else can! 

W.K. 

6 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I cannot believe I would live long enough to witness this level of ignorance, even in congress

We have the congresswoman who was offended when the army officer called her "ma'am", not being aware that that is how people in the military refer to their female superiors. She chewed him out and insisted he call her congresswoman, because she had worked long and hard to get that title.

Then we have the black congressman who not only was offended, but let it be publicly known that he was offended, because some other congressmen used the term "niggardly".

And we can't forget the honorable gentleman from Georgia, who was worried that if we put any more troops on the island of Guam, if they all went to the beach on the weekend, it would cause the island to tip over.

There is no requisite for intelligence to be in Congress.

Amen is Hebrew meaning Truth or Agreed.

A person to bastardize the end of a prayer in this manner, is demonstrating a lack of education or knowledge.

That's the reason we need to be careful about who we request to pray for us......You never know WHAT they are praying, and if their prayer will even get off the ground......

11 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

I"m just glad that someone's still praying up there.

They may not officially recognize a prayer, but they'll play hell keepingfor saying one anywhere and any time I want to.  What can they do, cut my hair and send me back to Vietnam?

I had a very wealthy friend said a prayer every time he went into a bank.  I finally asked him why and he said "I'll go to my church, you go to yours.  I just want to thank God for how grateful I am for having as much as I have."

He was also one of the most charitable people I ever met.

7 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Amen is Hebrew meaning Truth or Agreed.

A person to bastardize the end of a prayer in this manner, is demonstrating a lack of education or knowledge.

In Congress, Cold Lake? Can't be!:rolleyes:

The "person" in question did this for the simple reason of kissing Pelosi's a$$.  He is a reverend,  so he should know the meaning of Amen.  Pelosi is taking all gender phrasing out of communications.  I will stop there as it has nowhere to go but down.

BS

2 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

In Congress, Cold Lake? Can't be!:rolleyes:

Well, if your Congressmenpersons are anything like our Members of Parliament...............................

13 hours ago, Alpo said:

We have the congresswoman who was offended when the army officer called her "ma'am", not being aware that that is how people in the military refer to their female superiors. She chewed him out and insisted he call her congresswoman, because she had worked long and hard to get that title.

Then we have the black congressman who not only was offended, but let it be publicly known that he was offended, because some other congressmen used the term "niggardly".

And we can't forget the honorable gentleman from Georgia, who was worried that if we put any more troops on the island of Guam, if they all went to the beach on the weekend, it would cause the island to tip over.

There is no requisite for intelligence to be in Congress.

However, congess seems to have a requisite for being unintelligent.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

However, congess seems to have a requisite for being unintelligent.

They most certainly have that reputation and seem Hell bent on living up to it.

So far they have succeeded way  beyond belief.

Archived