SASS Wire Forum

Looking for fair price Marlin info

Frederick Jackson Turner

I have a fellow is is hot to buy my Marlin 19894; 20 inch octagonal barrel, pre-Remington, regular cut rifling, one piece titanium firing pin.

I haven't had it out for several years, and I could use the $$$.  Can anyone suggest what a fair market price would be?

Thanks,

FJT

To me about a buck 98.  I see them from about $800-$1100, it is how much it is worth to the buyer to own and the price you take.  You get away from SASS and the price changes.  I know a guy that has one in .44-40 that he gave $1100 for and a .45 Colt he only gave $700 for and both marked JM. 

FJT stay above $950 pilgrim.  I sold my JM 94 cowboy some years ago for $1150 & wish I had it back.

Have a great day pilgrim.

10 hours ago, Frederick Jackson Turner said:

I have a fellow is is hot to buy my Marlin 19894; 20 inch octagonal barrel, pre-Remington, regular cut rifling, one piece titanium firing pin.

I haven't had it out for several years, and I could use the $$$.  Can anyone suggest what a fair market price would be?

Thanks,

FJT

I recently enquired at my local store about the price of a 20" rifle in .357    They said $900.   That's a new one, and not a JM marked earlier version.

I opted for a JM marked "Cowboy Limited" with a 24" barrel for 1K.  

A JM marked 20" .357 octagon barrel recently sold on the Classified Forum for $1100.00   

JMs are like beach front property:  they don't make it no more.
The current fervor for gun purchases has driven the prices sky high.

Check GunBroker, etc, for a comparable price.
Don't give it away.

Of course, for SASS use it depends somewhat on the rifling.  The 1894 CB  has ballard rifling which has deeper grooves and is best for the lead rounds we shoot.  The regular 1894 has micro-groove rifling which is better suited for jacketed rounds.  The regular 1894 is worth between $700-$750.

Personally I prefer the 1894 CB for our game and such value it more.

I just paid $1,000 for one last month for a older carbine. 

Was hard to find. So jumped on it when it came up.

Did I pay a little to much? Maybe a little. But how long was I

going to wait to find another.

Great backup for the wife.  

Just wanted to say hi mr turner hope all is well with you and thanks for all your help when Wendy and I got started

Howdy Professor!  I paid $1250 shipped for a 99.5% Marlin 1894 Cowboy Competition (CBC) .38 Special only, that was smithed by Jim Bowie and custom checkering by Errol Case.  I'm happy with it, although I haven't fired it yet.

City Dude

Add $100 premium to the value because the new owner can brag that his Marlin was once owned by the 

legendary Frederick Jackson Turner..... good friend of Widder..... :D

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Add $100 premium to the value because the new owner can brag that his Marlin was once owned by the 

legendary Frederick Jackson Turner..... good friend of Widder..... :D

..........Widder

I added $150 to the price of mine because it was done by the Marlin Master, Widder. 

Randy

Easily a grand.   

I recently sold one in .357 a JM for $800.00, I bought it pretty cheap and made a few bucks on it. 

I sold a 94 Marlin JM stamped in .38/.357 with a 24" octagonal barrel for $900.00 with an extra stock several years back. I had put it on the wire and it was jumped on within 5 min. It was one of those that I wished was still in my safe but it went towards a 73 Codymatic in .38spcl for my better half. 

Hochbauer

FJT,

I forgot that one of my Cowboy friends sold only a couple years back off the wire.

It was a 'Like New' (no box) 32-20 1894 Marlin for $1400.   It sold within 20 minutes of posting.

The buyer didn't even dicker about the price.    The rifle had not been smithed, but rather stock..... and in great condition.

..........Widder

Thanks for the many useful and humorous replies.  Armed with your collective information, a  deal was struck; both buyer and seller were pleased.

Best wishes to all,

FJT

Archived