SASS Wire Forum

Super blackhawk hammers

JP McLintock

I'm switching out the hammers on my original vaqueros, thought I'd post a picture or the difference between the two.

The super blackhawk hammers are almost twice as wide as the stock vaquero hammer, but I think I like that.

And on a side note,  super blackhawk grips do fit on the wrangler,  makes for a nice 22 if you have bigger hands.

20210112_222514.jpg

I switched out two pair of my vaqueros to superblack hawk hammers.  I like them a lot.  Much easier to operate.

It is also possible to use Bisley hammers, with a little grinder work on the hammer, they are usually available when SBH hammers are not.

Imis

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Got my SBH Hammers on my 38 Stallions. Fantastic shooters

JRJ Stallions 003 & 004.jpg

I don't want to be a putz, but SHB says "Hammers may be replaced or exchanged with hammers designed for the same frame size (e.g., small frame revolver hammers may not be installed on large frame revolvers or vice-versa." Aren't those wide/low hammers for a large frame revolver and not the smaller Stallions?

7 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I don't want to be a putz, but SHB says "Hammers may be replaced or exchanged with hammers designed for the same frame size (e.g., small frame revolver hammers may not be installed on large frame revolvers or vice-versa." Aren't those wide/low hammers for a large frame revolver and not the smaller Stallions?

Ruger uses the same size hammers on all their single action guns except the Bearcats, I believe.

Archived