SASS Wire Forum

Midway

vidette

Midways website went down this afternoon for about 30 minutes. Was there a massive buyout of primers that I missed or was it just to update their expected availability date from next week to mid March?

Midway USA has had smokeless powder pretty regularly the last 6 months.  For S&G I checked and they show to be out of stock for every brand of smokeless powder that they carried....and they carry a large selection. 

Kajun

I had an 8lbs jug of W231 in my cart and was futzing around with the idea of buying a couple of Blackhawk hammers for Rugers I don't own.

By the time I went back, the powder was gone and the hammers went up by 2 bucks each.

They were supposed to have primers back in stock in 2 weeks, allegedly.  After the Remington ammo plant announced it's back in operation, they updated it to show March 12th.  I guess all those primers just got rerouted.

The primer division of Remington was sold to another party during the bankruptcy auctions.  So, Remington no longer makes ammunition or primers.  At least, that is my understanding.

Archived