SASS Wire Forum

Covid Inoculation

My wife and I are getting our first Covid inoculation tomorrow afternoon at 4:00.  Surprised at the phone call I got today. Pretty quick out here in the country!

WOW! Wife and I are registered in about four (4) places, but have heard nothing!  We are sure eligible, being over 75 (wife finally has to admit she isn't "39"), and with pre-existing conditions of different sorts.  Walgreens, Safeway, CVS and others keep saying to keep re-checking. Gonna wear out my keyboard (not to mention my fingers) re-checking. :(

Just got a call from the VA.  They will vaccinate me...on 27 January, if I want it from them.  But they won't vaccinate my wife.  I don't have to let them know until the day before, so I will wait and see if any of the other outfits we are signed up with can get us both in sooner.  If my wife gets notified from one of them before then, I will go ahead with the VA.  I know their quantities are limited and they want to vaccinate as many vets as possible, but theoretically that could leave the wives and families of vets unprotected.  So...I'll stand by to stand by!

Stay well and safe, Pards!

City Market is giving them also our County and the local hospital. I was at the Pharmacy at our local City Market and getting our names on the list for tomorrow at 5:00 PM when the hospital called. I  picked the hospital. They just started yesterday giving the shot to category 1B. 

Got ours Saturday. It was two last doses that were otherwise going to be discarded because two health care workers hadn't shown up, at the end of the day. (A pharmacy.) The pharmacist asked if we wanted them and we jumped at it. It was simply fortuitous. 

I've had no reaction. Wife has had a sore arm for a couple of days. Moderna vaccine.

21 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

Got mine a week or so ago and am scheduled for the second on the 27th. We probably benefited from being rural. Sorta.

kR

We’re very rural. Not hearing any info on vaccines at all. Just crickets.

My middle daughter is a senior nurse at her hospital.

She got #1 of 2 Pfizer shots for the C19 vaccine without any effect.
A week later she got #2 of 2 and it put her nearly on her deathbed 24 hours later.
It took several days to start feeling better.

Other nurses in her group had varying responses.
Some were just as sick, others had mild symptoms, and one had no symptoms whatsoever.

10 hours ago, bgavin said:

My middle daughter is a senior nurse at her hospital.

She got #1 of 2 Pfizer shots for the C19 vaccine without any effect.
A week later she got #2 of 2 and it put her nearly on her deathbed 24 hours later.
It took several days to start feeling better.

Other nurses in her group had varying responses.
Some were just as sick, others had mild symptoms, and one had no symptoms whatsoever.

Everthing I read said the second shot should be 30 days after first NOT one week.

Just had mine this AM.  65 and older I guess.  The only thing that was not pleasant was listening to my fellow 65 and olders whine about pretty much EVERYTHING.

We're months away from getting the shots up here in Canada, thanks to our Prime Minister.

1-CBF9-D19-B641-4000-B1-D9-9-DB696421587.jpg

On 1/12/2021 at 3:31 PM, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

My wife and I are getting our first Covid inoculation tomorrow afternoon at 4:00.  Surprised at the phone call I got today. Pretty quick out here in the country!

Congratulations.  Must be spotty, even in the country because I live very rural (closest town of 1100 pop).  I  work at a pharmacy in another county but unfortunately we do not carry the vaccine. I have my name on list at two other pharmacies within 30 miles of home.  Even at level of health professional of 75, I have not been called.  These pharmacies are not "big box" but I find even those have limited availability.  Truth is, since I favor the independents, I'll wait rather than use BB pharmacy.   NETX was a little late in getting hit by lots of cases but it has sure hit now.  I have heard of so many testing positive and have lost friends in last several weeks.  Scary for sure.

I sure hope when I get it, it want hurt my shooting arm....wait, I use both.:)

Just got an appointment for next Wed. Second shot will be 28 days later

Archived