SASS Wire Forum

FB is not the shooters friend

Buckshot Bob

I copied this from the SASS Florida group on FB , for anyone who thinks we won’t be next . this is from a admin 

big brother is watching 

“And again. Apparently they recently updated their policies which now include trading. No more posts about exchanging primers. Two in a week. As I said, now that they have removed a couple posts the scrutiny will be more diligent.”

This, and numerous other, unfriendly to my interests and lifestyle, moves by FB are leading me to parting ways with that particular big media propaganda platform.  I will cut all ties probably by the end of this week.  Fear not stalwart friends and allies, I am not dead, just banning my own self for life from the FB.  Greener pastures await w/o all the BS!

Gab and MeWe seem the most direct replacements for Fakebook. MeWe has SASS groups. Gab I don't know as they have been overwhelmed for the moment with hundreds of thousands of new members, I'm sure Parler going down increased the flood even more. 

No, FB has never been a friend.

Only a data gathering website.

3 hours ago, Yohanaqua said:

This, and numerous other, unfriendly to my interests and lifestyle, moves by FB are leading me to parting ways with that particular big media propaganda platform.  I will cut all ties probably by the end of this week.  Fear not stalwart friends and allies, I am not dead, just banning my own self for life from the FB.  Greener pastures await w/o all the BS!

I'm in a Defund Facebook and Defund the Fed type of mood...

15 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I'm in a Defund Facebook and Defund the Fed type of mood...

A splendid mood to be in.......

This week, I closed my business and personal accounts on Facebook, and walk away.
In the business world, the hardest customer to get... is the one you just lost.

Hell will become exothermic before I ever support Communists and Nazis.
Censorship, bans, suppression and smearing are their hallmarks.
I wonder when gun owners will branded with a mandatory "Juden" patch to wear in public.

8 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I copied this from the SASS Florida group on FB , for anyone who thinks we won’t be next . this is from a admin 

big brother is watching 

“And again. Apparently they recently updated their policies which now include trading. No more posts about exchanging primers. Two in a week. As I said, now that they have removed a couple posts the scrutiny will be more diligent.”

This is nothing new. FB has monitored gun groups forever, no selling or trading. I moderate a FB group, The Pistoleros. It’s for duelists. Pictures and videos and discussions are okay but no selling or trading. No politics either.

37 minutes ago, bgavin said:

This week, I closed my business and personal accounts on Facebook, and walk away.
In the business world, the hardest customer to get... is the one you just lost.

Hell will become exothermic before I ever support Communists and Nazis.
Censorship, bans, suppression and smearing are their hallmarks.
I wonder when gun owners will branded with a mandatory "Juden" patch to wear in public.

Watch a series called Hitler’s Inner Circle

History repeats itself...

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Here’s to hoping we’re not in that cycle 

It's just now beginning.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

It's just now beginning.

Just?:blink:

Where have you been for the last 10 or 15 years?  It's just that, in the last 3 or 4 years, they've released their New Brown Shirts.  (Same Nazi M.O. but now with an Italian fashion sense!)  They just got impatient when Barry got elected and started pushing too fast and too hard.

Crap like this is why history has been given such a low priority (intentionally?  I'm low on tin foil today) in schools for the last half of a century.  Heck, most folks walking the streets under the age of 60 don't haven't even heard of the Wiemar Republic much less understand what it was.  Even a cursory knowledge of the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany can give you an uncomfortable sense of deja vu- or cold chills after you realize the full ramifications. 

If the Democrat wants to see Nazis, he has to look no farther than his mirror.

The Democrat mantra of Today...

• You have the duty to be healthy
• Organic food is the cutting edge of enlightened thought
• Push for vegetarian and health food diets
• Tireless commitment to a meatless diet and whole grains
• Deep seated commitment to animal rights
• Fight air pollution
• Create nature preserves to stop deforestation
• Decry whaling and loss of species
• The State is the united organism
• The Common Good supersedes the Private Good
• Eugenics (Abortion)
• Public Safety (Gun control)
• Nationalized Health Care
• Abolish religion
• Highly regulated industry
• Blame a racial group for problems
• Ban and censor free speech
• Tear down monuments
• Destroy the local police

...are the Nazi Party Policies from the 1930s

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Just?:blink:

Where have you been for the last 10 or 15 years?  It's just that, in the last 3 or 4 years, they've released their New Brown Shirts.  (Same Nazi M.O. but now with an Italian fashion sense!)  They just got impatient when Barry got elected and started pushing too fast and too hard.

Crap like this is why history has been given such a low priority (intentionally?  I'm low on tin foil today) in schools for the last half of a century.  Heck, most folks walking the streets under the age of 60 don't haven't even heard of the Wiemar Republic much less understand what it was.  Even a cursory knowledge of the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany can give you an uncomfortable sense of deja vu- or cold chills after you realize the full ramifications. 

Oh, I agree with you, 100%.

I'm simply referring to the current blatant, obvious and egregios assault on conservatives and conservative thought like never before, and this is just the warm up stage.  Now that the libs have full control, and a leftist media in their war chest, Jan 20 simply inaugurates the official beginning of the war on freedom. Pres. Soros and Underpres Harris are giddy with anticipation. 

Just saw a news report that Facebook and Twitter have lost over $50B in value since they started their purge.  I think the stockholders are voting with their money.  

38 minutes ago, Ozark Shark said:

Just saw a news report that Facebook and Twitter have lost over $50B in value since they started their purge.  I think the stockholders are voting with their money.  

Time for shoppers to. Just read Curt Schilling insurance policy was cancelled by AIG was told it was a joint decision from management and marketing due to his social media profile.

I’ve personally stopped using Amazon ever since they kicked Parler off their servers. I see no reason to use Amazon for me anyway. I never used them very much at all now I won’t use them at all!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve personally stopped using Amazon ever since they kicked Parler off their servers. I see no reason to use Amazon for me anyway. I never used them very much at all now I won’t use them at all!

They also really aren’t the deal they used to be . A few years ago it seemed you would always find the best deal on Amazon anymore I find I can do as good at Home Depot or a DuckDuckGo search 

Where Amazon is concerned, use their charitable donation system to direct a portion of your purchase payment to a 2A friendly organization when you buy from them!!

Sometimes it’s just better for your budget and sometimes it’s the only place where you can find the article you’re in need or want of.  When that happens you can use them to help fund your freedom!!

Just think how their heads would explode when they have to write a check to the NRA or GOA!!

My donation is to the SAF!!

10 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Where Amazon is concerned, use their charitable donation system to direct a portion of your purchase payment to a 2A friendly organization when you buy from them!!

Sometimes it’s just better for your budget and sometimes it’s the only place where you can find the article you’re in need or want of.  When that happens you can use them to help fund your freedom!!

Just think how their heads would explode when they have to write a check to the NRA or GOA!!

Thanks man, I didn't know you could do that!! B)

10 hours ago, bgavin said:

If the Democrat wants to see Nazis, he has to look no farther than his mirror.

The Democrat mantra of Today...

• You have the duty to be healthy
• .   .    .   .    .
• 
• Tireless commitment to a meatless diet and whole grains
• .Fight air pollution

.  .  .  .  .
• Create nature preserves to stop deforestation
• Decry whaling and loss of species
• 

. . . . . . . .

Gosh. I backpack every season in the National Park and National Forest Wilderness forests. I like non-polluted air. When I'm out there I like to see......species.

The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so we should try to be healthy. During Lent, I try to keep a meatless diet-- can't say 'tirelessly'...

I support Ducks Unlimited, in its efforts to limit development and preserve clean wetlands.

'Course, nothing's been the same since the Clean Air and Water Act and the Environmental Protection Agency were set up in 1968 under that old Nazi...or is it Communist....Richard Nixon!

It should be noted that the makeup of congress during Nixon’s terms was ALL democrat control!!

I too enjoy the natural resources and clean air, but certain factions, (I mustn’t mention names because it could be construed as political) have co-opted and bastardized those admirable endeavors!!

I take exception with those who would demand that I eat or not eat certain foods or that I accept or reject ANY other idea or way of thought!

I studied history and what I see now is reminiscent of what my parents and grandparents saw in the middle to late 1930s in Europe!!

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Gosh. I backpack every season in the National Park and National Forest Wilderness forests. I like non-polluted air. When I'm out there I like to see......species.

The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so we should try to be healthy. During Lent, I try to keep a meatless diet-- can't say 'tirelessly'...

I support Ducks Unlimited, in its efforts to limit development and preserve clean wetlands.

'Course, nothing's been the same since the Clean Air and Water Act and the Environmental Protection Agency were set up in 1968 under that old Nazi...or is it Communist....Richard Nixon!

Mr. Biden is more like  LBJ, Robert Byrd and Jimmy Carter all rolled into one.    As far as clean country:  been to 21 other countries all of than dirtier than the United States.   

5 hours ago, dannyd said:

Mr. Biden is more like  LBJ, Robert Byrd and Jimmy Carter all rolled into one.    As far as clean country:  been to 21 other countries all of than dirtier than the United States.   

Not sure I can agree with this one, only because IMHO Biden is nothing more than a sock-puppet for one world government  Soros and his ilk.  Bidens opinion on anything is whatever opinion they give him with his morning Metamucil.

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Thanks man, I didn't know you could do that!! B)

I use them to donate to the NRA’s Education Fund. I can’t remember the exact name of the charity. 
I  love using Amazon and I also use their video service but I am keeping an eye on them. I never heard the details on why they dumped Parler, but I don’t use online services like that so it didn’t directly impact me. I will be watching to see if they pull any more bonehead PC moves. I have already been weighing my options. 

One thing is for sure. They will have to really screw up to get me to leave. All corporations have issues and they all have to play, for whatever reason, in the public opinion arena. Stating they support certain groups or making PC comments is one thing , but actively alienating people or groups because of an agenda is not light pandering to placate a subset of society. If they do something like they did with Parler again I will have to walk. 

I think I may just have to send their behemoth customer service an email...

If you like Sci-Fi and want to see what Amazon may become look for a series called “Phillip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams” and watch the 8th episode entitled “Autofac” it’s creepy yet illuminating. Probably a fantasy of someone that runs that business. ;)

3 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

Not sure I can agree with this one, only because IMHO Biden is nothing more than a sock-puppet for one world government  Soros and his ilk.  Bidens opinion on anything is whatever opinion they give him with his morning Metamucil.

Metamucil makes a great product. 

5 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

There's a great slogan!

Been to the Arctic Circle No Global Warming just not happening: but for 19 dollars a month you can sponsor a Cowboy that's less than a dollar a day.  They will be able to relive their childhood again just for 19 dollars a month please think about it.  :)     

3 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

The guy just reminds me of LBJ: the most evil American of the 20 century to Me.

On the plane back from Dallas, LBJ ordered his people to confiscate all of JFK's papers and documents.
They got there just a bit too late... JFK's admin already removed those papers to an undisclosed location.

Archived