SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Cavern Cove 2021

Barkeep Casey

Is it twue, is it twue.....Barkeep Casey is serving schnitzengruben with his dwinks? :D

Kajun

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

I would do it, but lately I've been tired.....

I'm Tired Madeline Kahn Blazing Saddles - YouTube

That's the scariest hing I've heard today...

Wednesday evening we are putting together a little sampling from some of our local Craft Breweries. 
If you want bring a Crowler or two from you favorite local Craft Brewery to throw in the mix.
We will have grill fired up and ready to go.

The Dice Game 654 will also be happening.

We can probably figure out some other shenanigans. Maybe a round of Armadillo Rugby. Just gotta catch one and grease him up.

1 hour ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Wednesday evening ...

We can probably figure out some other shenanigans. Maybe a round of Armadillo Rugby. Just gotta catch one and grease him up.

I usually see a few Army Dillos on the road when driving down from Nashville...want me to pick up a few?  We could use one for Rugby and put the rest on the grill.

7 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Wednesday evening we are putting together a little sampling from some of our local Craft Breweries. 
If you want bring a Crowler or two from you favorite local Craft Brewery to throw in the mix.

I can just bring a football if you want me to Marshal.  If you were to fall on one of those armadillo's he might squirt a little 'blow by' on you.

5 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

I usually see a few Army Dillos on the road when driving down from Nashville...want me to pick up a few?  We could use one for Rugby and put the rest on the grill.

Gotta be live Armadillos for the game.

1 minute ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Gotta be live Armadillos for the game.

What if they've only been MOSTLY DEAD all day?

7 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

If you want bring a Crowler  Growler or two from you favorite local Craft Brewery to throw in the mix.

Fixed that for you...

19 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

We can grill those Dillos 

Possum on a half shell!

Swung by the range yesterday. In addition to all the other work they had going on, they have had even more gravel brought in on the drive through the range. In the last year, the new owners have really turned the range around. If you thought it was looking good last year at the Regional, you ain't seen nothing yet.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:02 AM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Swung by the range yesterday. In addition to all the other work they had going on, they have had even more gravel brought in on the drive through the range. In the last year, the new owners have really turned the range around. If you thought it was looking good last year at the Regional, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm looking forward to it!

1 match to go!  Or if you measure in days, 9.

@Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L  I just found out today that the Iron Cowboy does not have school Friday.  If it's not to late he wants to shoot the match, Junior Boy.  I think we're probably better off if I just bring the registration with me rather than mail it Monday.  

Please let me know if this will work.  He'll need to posse with me.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

@Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L  I just found out today that the Iron Cowboy does not have school Friday.  If it's not to late he wants to shoot the match, Junior Boy.  I think we're probably better off if I just bring the registration with me rather than mail it Monday.  

Please let me know if this will work.  He'll need to posse with me.

Thanks,

We'll get it done.

Buck D. Law

Match Director

On 4/17/2021 at 8:34 AM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

The range is almost ready for the fun to begin! Be sure to use #narshootout on social media so we can follow along with your trail drive!

2021-04-17-08-19-48.jpg

Is that Haint Blue? Used to ward off evil spirits and misses.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'll be there.  Hopefully I won't have to go all Dukes of Hazzard on the creek and end up with my Camaro hauled out on a flatbed!

I have a tow chain. We'll just open the windows & run the chain thru the cabin for a secure connection. That way, if the Camaro turns sideways, it won't matter - We can still drag it out, all the way to Scottsboro if we need to.

12 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

I have a tow chain. We'll just open the windows & run the chain thru the cabin for a secure connection. That way, if the Camaro turns sideways, it won't matter - We can still drag it out, all the way to Scottsboro if we need to.

I knew I could count on you Max!

Well going to AL tomorrow for Ambush only I'm trying to sneak in from the TN side since ole Lawman Mark has all the GA/AL law enforcement notified of our impending arrival across the GA state line.  Maybe they will be looking the wrong way when we slowly eek in from TN in the middle of the night! :lol:

I really appreciate all of the improvements being made at the range, LOTS of work being done there and you can see it any place you look on the range.  Only recommendation I'd have is that they provide me my own personal big warehouse fan and a drop cord long enough for me to locate said fan about 10 yards downrange to blow the smoke crosswind from the firing line on each and every stage.  And, if my aim is good enough, maybe there won't be any holes in said personal warehouse fan after the match is completed! :D

At any rate ole Evil Bob, Brisket and myself will be there tomorrow and see what rumors and untold false truths we can acquire, make up or spread when we get there.

Lassiez les bon temps rouler ya'll,

Kajun

It is a very open border with little fencing in the Bridgeport/Stevenson area. You should be able to slide in without much trouble.  

Archived