SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Cavern Cove 2021

Barkeep Casey

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really appreciate how the NARs have made this match so transparent.  Everybody gets the same opportunity to look at both stage instructions and an actual look at the stages.  Very cool.  Thanks.

PS

On stage 1 those pistol targets are not what I would call big and close.

6 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

PS

On stage 1 those pistol targets are not what I would call big and close.

Inquiring minds want to know so we can make it better for the next time....

Is a 16"x20" not big enough or is it being set at 13' not close enough?

Or are you just looking at it on a really small screen?

11 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Inquiring minds want to know so we can make it better for the next time....

Is a 16"x20" not big enough or is it being set at 13' not close enough?

Or are you just looking at it on a really small screen?

Or am I just yanking your chain a tiny bit?  LOL. 

Everything looks great Jack.  We're starting on 1, obviously with shared targets pistol has to be a little farther out or you get super close rifle.  It will be fun. 

We're going to try to get there before dark Thursday, depends on traffic and our friends in law enforcement.

Video needed correction, so let's try this again.

(Belle said sorry & that's what I get for free labor.) :D

Buck D. Law, NAR club president & match director, wanted to set this year's Alabama championship apart from the upcoming Southeast Regional Championship by going with a strictly big & close setup.
These are the stage designs Branchwater Jack developed to suit that goal.
Stage instructions are in the shooters book currently  available when logged in to PractiScore.
We hope everyone has a safe & fun weekend during Shootout at Cavern Cove 2021!

Anybody who has a miss at this match, we want to get a photo after the match of you touching a table on the firing line and reaching for (or maybe even touching) the target you missed. There is such a photo of me touching a table and touching the target that I missed some years ago in Sparta, Illinois. I'm out for revenge! :P:D:lol:

The challenge of this match will be slowing down enough to hit the targets that you think are too close to miss. As we all know, there's no such thing as a target too close to miss. See y'all soon! 

What could possibly happen? Shootout Shenanigans is what!
Roving Reporter ....... Donald Duke
Font of Wisdom ...... Alchemist Belle

Keep an eye on the Shootout at Cavern Cove playlist over on the Branchwater Jack YouTube channel for daily content as the Alabama championship of cowboy action shooting progresses!
#narshootout

We'll be wheels up in about 8 hours. 

The Iron Cowboy whined a bit, and Kajun probably alerted law enforcement that we were coming, so I'm leaving the Camaro in the stable and we're taking the Cowboy's car.  Hopefully it will have better luck on the bridge than I did.

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

We'll be wheels up in about 8 hours. 

The Iron Cowboy whined a bit, and Kajun probably alerted law enforcement that we were coming, so I'm leaving the Camaro in the stable and we're taking the Cowboy's car.  Hopefully it will have better luck on the bridge than I did.

Wheels up is right you Bo Duke, bridge-jumpin' son-of-a-gun!

Take it easy on that there Mustang

Congratulations to Sidekick and Alchemist Belle on being the Alabama State champions. Special shout out to Alchemist Belle for doing it shooting in a black powder category!

Also, huge congratulations to Sidekick and Dodge City Dixie for winning the overall match titles this year at Shootout.

Scores!!

https://practiscore.com/results/new/949c86c4-305d-4167-9417-b1b48fe12173

15 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Congratulations to Sidekick and Alchemist Belle on being the Alabama State champions. Special shout out to Alchemist Belle for doing it shooting in a black powder category!

Also, huge congratulations to Sidekick and Dodge City Dixie for winning the overall match titles this year at Shootout.

Scores!!

https://practiscore.com/results/new/949c86c4-305d-4167-9417-b1b48fe12173

Any chance of a simple downloadable pdf?

Archived