SASS Wire Forum

Shootout at Cavern Cove 2021

Barkeep Casey

The 2021 Alabama State Championship is coming up fast. The dates are April 22-24 2021. The link to the website for Applications, information etc. is:

https://www.northalabamaregulators.com/alabamastatechampionships

We look forward to you visiting Cavern Cove and enjoying some southern hospitality and a great match!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If'n I can once again slip through the outtastater's check points that seem to magically appear when I'm trying to get to Cavern Cove I'll see ya'll there! :lol:

It's always a fun match and if you ain't shot it before ya needs ta git there this year.

Kajun

Attn: Campers

All festivities for the State Match are held on range. So once you are on range there is no need to leave the range. A Food Vendor will be on site with meals available from Thursday lunch through the Saturday Evening Banquet and Awards. As in the past, the Welcome Dinner Thursday night and the Banquet Dinner Saturday Night are provided for all shooters. So if your plan is camping make sure you get with Marshal TKD the land owner and reserve your spot. There is a link to camping on the website listed at the beginning post of the thread to get with him.

Also heard a vicious rumor that some Barkeep is giving away free drinks again. I am glad I am not that guy.....

Barkeep, I also heard what I hope is a truthful rumor that now it is Barkeep Casey LLC and its a 503c3 organization. :P

Kajun

4 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'll be there.  Hopefully I won't have to go all Dukes of Hazzard on the creek and end up with my Camaro hauled out on a flatbed!

But you are a 'Good ole Boy" from Georgia. I doubt you will be able to pass it up.

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'll be there.  Hopefully I won't have to go all Dukes of Hazzard on the creek and end up with my Camaro hauled out on a flatbed!

It being a Chevrolet, I figured it would be use to being on a flatbed.

Camping reservations confirmed and application is in the mail.  I'm ready for warmer weather and Ambush.  Barkeep, I'll take my usual.  And set one up for my Camaro driving friend, Captain Bill Burt.  He'll be by shortly after he settles up with the wrecker driver.

At the range the Cowboys are rebuilding the Sawmill. We are still removing stuff and burning stuff. We had a weekend long fire going this last weekend. 
Camping is filling up fast. Little different way of registering this year so make sure you read the instructions. 

Don't know about all of this hand cuff stuff.

Creek jumping... that I know about. 

You can also rent a room and stay on the range. You will find those listed under coming as well.  

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Just a quick question.....Does Barkeep Casey serve Scotch Before Noon? B)

Kajun

He has been known to do that.

Thinking maybe we should have a Absinthe warm up night. Wednesday or Thursday.

That should put people in the right frame of mind.

"Absinthe makes the brain go wander..."

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

"Absinthe makes the brain go wander..."

Full on time warps. That Syrian Panther Sweat they drink has been outlawed in 37 countries.

2 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Full on time warps. That Syrian Panther Sweat they drink has been outlawed in 37 countries.

We make our own! Called Whoop Your Donkey.

Guaranteed time travel of at least 3 hours into the future. Your milage will vary. We are in no way responsible for unsound decisions that made while drinking WYD. This includes but is not limited to Bank Robbery, Ordering obscene amounts of food at a drive through window, wandering mindlessly through the woods, hugging skunks and other shenanigans. 

Can I get the concession for Wolf Whiz Ale? Their motto "It's in the water."

On 1/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, Krazy Kajun said:

Just a quick question.....Does Barkeep Casey serve Scotch Before Noon? B)

Kajun

The simple answer is I serve Scotch Before Noon but only in the afternoon or evenings after guns are put up. I hope that makes sense :wacko:

On 1/25/2021 at 3:39 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

That Syrian Panther Sweat they drink has been outlawed in 37 countries.

I thought we were one of them.

On 1/26/2021 at 12:39 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

The simple answer is I serve Scotch Before Noon but only in the afternoon or evenings after guns are put up. I hope that makes sense :wacko:

It is always Before Noon some where. 

On 1/26/2021 at 5:07 PM, MizPete said:

I thought we were one of them.

Apparently around 2007 in was again available in the US with regulated levels of Thujone. Although that may not be the case. Might have been the 1990’s. I do know I can buy it at the Liquor store. 
Taste wise the The Absente brand is one of the better ones.

“Thujone acts on GABA as an antagonist (opposite to the effects of alcohol). As a competitive antagonist of GABA, thujone alone is considered to be convulsant,[4] though by interfering with the inhibitory transmitter GABA, it may convey stimulating, mood-elevating effects at low doses.”

image.thumb.jpg.ece2329f4ebd331035ead695fbc5c78b.jpg

5 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I heard it makes the heart grow fonder.:P

No, the old joke is abscess makes the fart go Honda! :lol:

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived