SASS Wire Forum

Remington Arms Back in Business in February

John Boy

2 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

God willing and the river dont rise...

Or, God wiling and the creeks don't rise.  Good for them and I wish them the best of luck in this endeavor.

Hopefully, someone has learned from their past mistakes and will concentrate on Quality Control and manufacturing what the people are asking for in the market place.   

Ammunition was bought by Vista!

This is the factory in Illion New York from what information has been released.  

There are still problems with the unions, (nothing unusual) but roughly 90% of those offered a return to their positions have responded positively.

Roundhill Group LLC is the new owner and plans to begin reopening on February 15th. There was more, but I don’t recall all of what was reported.

1 hour ago, Missouri Marshal SASS #50682 said:

Didn't Ruger buy Marlin?

They did. Gonna buy one of those too after the wounds heal from buying the Remington!

Come on Remington!!! We are rooting for you! 

Some good news for a change (and we desperately need some good news), and a blow to the ones that do not support the 2nd Amendment.

If New York gives you any malarkey (the Irish word for cow-patties), then move your company, and your employees here.

Their loss would be our gain. If they moved here, I'd do quality control, for them, for free...just to tick off the leftist-liberal-demo-rats.  

Ever since their deal with USFA to make replicas under license fell through, I've always hoped that Remington would bring back some of their old revolvers, specifically the 58 and the 75.   Granted, they would be a niche gun within a niche market, but I think if they could figure out a way to make them so they are not TOO much more expensive than the Italian copies that they would sell enough to be profitable.

But I tend to doubt that they will.

Or if they do they'll go the same route as S&W did with the Schofield back in 2000 and do it in a way that is destined to not be a best seller.

Archived