SASS Wire Forum

Automatic mod? Gunsmith question

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Tv is only Tv and just because they say something doesnt mean it exists.

I know.

But on Burn Notice they say a pistol has been modified to shoot three round bursts.

I have no idea why anyone would want too shoot three round bursts.

Seems like a good way to waste two rounds.

But is it even possible?

Seems like if you put the first one right you wont need the next two....

Best

CR

Howdy,

No idea why that matters but Brotherly Love in season four.

or the episode just before that.

The pistol is defintily a shiney metal one.

Best

CR

Modifying one? I don't know. Making one? Certainly.

The Beretta 93, which is an automatic version of the Beretta 92, fires in a three-shot burst.

The HK VP70. Without the shoulder stock, so it's just the pistol, it's a single fire semi-automatic. But you put the shoulder stock on it and it fires in a three-shot burst.

As to why - ballistically one pellet of double aught buckshot is equivalent to one 32 ACP bullet. And you can kill somebody with one pellet of double aught buck, just as you can with one 32 ACP bullet. But just like you stand a better chance of putting down the other guy if you hit him with nine 00 buckshot, you would stand a better chance of putting down the other guy if you hit him with several 32 ACP bullets. That's the theory behind the Czech scorpion, which is a 32 ACP submachine gun. If I shoot you with one 32 ACP bullet, it might stop you, but if I hit you with a five or six round burst of 32 ACP bullets, there's a much better chance that it will stop you.

Glocks can easily be converted to full auto.    There is a patent for a part that goes on the back of the slide to be switchable.  Supposedly some of the air soft glocks were so correct you could use the part from the air soft to convert a regular Glock.   I have never seen it done and do not own any glocks, so I have never looked to see how they work.  

I have seen the patent, so I do know it exists, but don’t remember the details. 

Jerry Miceluek (sp?) can make a muzzle loader full auto. ;)

14 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

NSA tracking in 3....2....1.... :P

NSA or ATF ? I see those adds on FB all the time for inline oil filters that look and have dimensions strangely similar to suppressors . They probably mail them from the same building they are doing NICS checks 

43 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

NSA or ATF ? I see those adds on FB all the time for inline oil filters that look and have dimensions strangely similar to suppressors . They probably mail them from the same building they are doing NICS checks 

NSA. They send it to ATF and then they wait 4-5 months then show up to investigate and expect everyone to jump through hoops to accommodate them. 

12 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Tv is only Tv and just because they say something doesnt mean it exists.

I know.

But on Burn Notice they say a pistol has been modified to shoot three round bursts.

I have no idea why anyone would want too shoot three round bursts.

Seems like a good way to waste two rounds.

But is it even possible?

Seems like if you put the first one right you wont need the next two....

Best

CR

I have been saying this for years. 

20 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Glocks can easily be converted to full auto.    There is a patent for a part that goes on the back of the slide to be switchable.  Supposedly some of the air soft glocks were so correct you could use the part from the air soft to convert a regular Glock.   I have never seen it done and do not own any glocks, so I have never looked to see how they work.  

I have seen the patent, so I do know it exists, but don’t remember the details. 

I've never seen it either but I have heard that people have been getting visits from the feds for ordering that part for airsofts from china.  People saw it was cheap and could be shipped directly to their house so they got it just to see how it worked.  Bad idea.  The only reason it could be shipped directly is that the chinese seller didn't care about our laws. 

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

If you can do it to a lever gun why not a saa 

https://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=785

Browning did it.

Legend has it that he, his brother Ed and their shop manager were at a rifle match and the grass moving with the muzzle blast inspired him enough to get the wheels turning in his head and they had to leave the match so he could go back to the shop and work on his idea.  The test bed was reputed to have been a Winchester '73 fitted with a plate in front of the muzzle that used the muzzle blast to actuate the lever.

24 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Browning did it.

Legend has it that he, his brother Ed and their shop manager were at a rifle match and the grass moving with the muzzle blast inspired him enough to get the wheels turning in his head and they had to leave the match so he could go back to the shop and work on his idea.  The test bed was reputed to have been a Winchester '73 fitted with a plate in front of the muzzle that used the muzzle blast to actuate the lever.

Best image I can find quickly:

image.png.a3156b6c3f3c0161e60b546df1afb0f6.png

Archived