SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Gunsmiths

Tequila Shooter

Here is another.  Lonnie Amman (alias El Valdez) of Tejas Long Rifles is a gunsmith in Hearne, Texas (near College Station).     He is very capable but is opinionated and does not like short strokes.  He has done warranty work for Cimarron for many years and does a lot of the Evil Roy action jobs.  

979-279-5859 979-279-3400

On 1/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thats funny.   But for some reason, ole Red Knee won't even turn his back on me when his 97's are in the area..... :lol:

And I still swear that I didn't have anything to do with his OOB a couple years back at the TN State.   If he would just

keep his 97's clean, he wouldn't have all those problems..... :D

He needs to start using my special lube.....the crunchy kind..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder have you shared with Red Knee your super secret to the lube job, to make it REALLY stick?  You know........adding a dab of Smuckers in! :lol:

Kajun

10 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Here is another.  Lonnie Amman (alias El Valdez) of Tejas Long Rifles is a gunsmith in Hearne, Texas (near College Station).     He is very capable but is opinionated and does not like short strokes.  He has done warranty work for Cimarron for many years and does a lot of the Evil Roy action jobs.  

Abilene, do you know that he wants to be listed or should I contact him first?

13 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Lonnie certainly knows the CAS guns.  He was doing work on them when I got started 20+ years ago.  As I remember at the time he, maybe his wife, his daughter, and son-in-law competed then.  Son-in-law very fast for the day...believe they called him Puppy.  Remember Spur Roberts having to go up against him in man-on-man at Land Run around 2001 or 2.  (Yea, Spur has always been fast. :))

Archived