SASS Wire Forum

gun site gone

GoDaddy is but one vendor, just like Dick’s sporting goods. Their actions are a drop in the bucket in the scope of things and often discreetly reversed in light of revenue streams. There are and will be others to take its place. That’s what makes America great. No need get my panties in a wad. 

Adding on, if GoDaddy did in fact give them the boot, why is the original site still up an running? There’s also no mention of it on the site. 

6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

On some gun forums you've got people threatening to take back DC by force of arms, which no doubt is scaring the pants off the companies who host these sites.

It would be interesting if some folks would point out information as to why these sites are being 'booted'. Is it because they are 'gun sites'? Or is it because of something like the above quote, that the sites contain material such as that? 

If I owned a 'site', or had control over it, and it had people 'threatening to take back DC by force of arms', then I'd kick it to the curb, too.

So-- are there reasons besides the sites 'discuss guns'? Discussion of guns is totally separate from discussions about how to use guns in crimes or suggesting political violence with guns. On SASS, we discuss guns and gun sports. Are sites like that being banned by anybody?

As explained on the AR15 website. 

AR15.com Backup Site Live, Switching to First Amendment Friendly Site Registrar

On Monday, January 11, 2021, I received notice from our site registrar that AR15.com had violated their terms of service and that AR15.com would be shut down immediately. The registrar’s decision to de-platform AR15.com was final and no method to appeal was offered.

It remains unclear specifically what content allegedly violated the registrar’s terms of service.

However, I am happy to report that we have found a new, First Amendment-friendly site registrar and we have begun the process of transitioning AR15.com to the new registrar.

We expect the switchover to take up to 5 days. During that time, our famous “AR15.com” URL will not be usable. Once the switchover is complete, AR15.com will be fully restored to normal function.

In the meantime, I welcome freedom lovers and firearm enthusiasts to visit us at our temporary URL: www.ar15-backup.com. We will post on the backup site when the normal AR15.com has been completely restored.

Juan Avila, President & Co-Founder, AR15.com

35 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

There are and will be others to take its place.

Didn't work that way for Gab they had to build their own servers and host their site themselves. Seems Parlers CEO is having trouble finding a new host too. Seems AR15.co has found a host for now, but that's not a sure thing they also seem to have been prepared for such an eventuality. Guess they were smart enough to see which way the wind was blowing.

54 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

On SASS, we discuss guns and gun sports. Are sites like that being banned by anybody?

Firearm retailers and manufacturers have had banks suddenly decline to do any further business with them simply because they were in the firearm business. Progressive groups have aggressively pressured CEO's and business execs and company board members to not only have their own company refuse to do business with conservative entities and firearm businesses, but to even pressure and use their financial leverage to coerce other businesses to refuse to do business with such companies. That isn't new, it's just gotten much worse in the last few years. 

Sure they are going after the largest entities (businesses and websites) and high profile individuals first. But if one thinks that they aren't coming for you because you're small potatoes and you try not to offend anyone, I believe you are sadly mistaken and have misjudged entirely the prevailing climate. And it's not supposed threats or potential threats of violence that are the markers of who gets the Ax. Afterall BLM recieved multi-millions of dollars in support from many of these same corporate and silicon valley businesses, even as cities burned. 

Well it's those evil black rifles, it's those evil Trump supporters. They won't go after my cowboy guns or my "moderate politics." Tell yourself that all you want, maybe if you keep your eyes closed they will eat you last. But you will eventually be eaten.

9 hours ago, Raylan said:

As explained on the AR15 website. 

AR15.com Backup Site Live, Switching to First Amendment Friendly Site Registrar

On Monday, January 11, 2021, I received notice from our site registrar that AR15.com had violated their terms of service and that AR15.com would be shut down immediately. The registrar’s decision to de-platform AR15.com was final and no method to appeal was offered.

It remains unclear specifically what content allegedly violated the registrar’s terms of service.

However, I am happy to report that we have found a new, First Amendment-friendly site registrar and we have begun the process of transitioning AR15.com to the new registrar.

We expect the switchover to take up to 5 days. During that time, our famous “AR15.com” URL will not be usable. Once the switchover is complete, AR15.com will be fully restored to normal function.

In the meantime, I welcome freedom lovers and firearm enthusiasts to visit us at our temporary URL: www.ar15-backup.com. We will post on the backup site when the normal AR15.com has been completely restored.

Juan Avila, President & Co-Founder, AR15.com

Wonder who the site registrar is?

49 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Wonder who the site registrar is?

Looks like the domain registration is in the process of being transferred to Verisign.  Once the registration is transferred you can look it up here: https://lookup.icann.org/lookup to verify.  

Opinion piece on Fox about declaring social media giants as “Public Utilities”, and therefore subject to antitrust laws, which would prevent censorship:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/twitter-facebook-tech-giants-tyranny

I just saw an article on Yahoo about the President.. When I scrolled down  it seems comments aren't allowed.

In their place there was this tripe:

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting.

It seems they have done this on all news articles, not  just the one mentioned above. Yahoo used to allow comments and then right leaning people like me started  bantering with the "normal" commenters years ago. Over time our numbers grew and after a while I quit commenting (sometime in  2017) because it was merely blood pressure enhancement for me.

I just love (sarcasm) the 1984-like doublespeak in their statement about suspending comments.

I used to place comments on Seattle Times and would sometimes start rolling around in the mud with an anti-gunner, until about two years ago when I noticed my comments were quickly disappearing. Now whenever you read any readers' comments on there it's nothing but a liberal-progressive echo chamber. Dissenting opinions have now been silenced. Occasionally one of us is able to slip through a comment before the others attack it like a pack of hungry lions.

13 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I used to place comments on Seattle Times and would sometimes start rolling around in the mud with an anti-gunner, until about two years ago when I noticed my comments were quickly disappearing. Now whenever you read any readers' comments on there it's nothing but a liberal-progressive echo chamber. Dissenting opinions have now been silenced. Occasionally one of us is able to slip through a comment before the others attack it like a pack of hungry lions.

Since time immemorial, newspapers required you to include your name and address with a letter to the editor if you wanted it to see print. They still do. The reason they did and do is perfectly obvious: if anonymity were allowed, much of what you'd get would be rants and insults and plain craziness and the like. Including lies, personal attacks, and threats.

Now that so many media websites allow anonymous postings and comments, the wisdom of the venerable practice has been made painfully clear. Human nature is hardly all pretty. When people are not accountable to their community for their conduct, verbal or otherwise, all manner of ugliness ensues. We're beginning to pay the price for this.

21 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

DDD:

I’m thinking us average Americans are a bit more contrary than our Australian, Canadian,  and English brethren.  I confess:  I have run red lights at 3:00 AM!

:lol:

I got your back, pard, and I think you have mine, if that time should ever come.

I fell asleep at a red light once around sun rise. But I had worked 32 hours on a job. Mighty eerie waking up to empty streets, no business open in a small town slumped over with foot on the brake 

Archived