SASS Wire Forum

gun site gone

7 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

The other gun site I go to often is AR15.com, they have been booted from GoDaddy and are currently off line. I would be surprised if the SASS wire was not on the list of web sights to be expunged. Can't have gun people freely exchanging ideas.

You sure? It opened for me.

1 minute ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

It won't open for me, on M4 .com there is a link to a Face Book post, from AR15, saying they've been booted.

You are correct and they stated it’s operating off of a backup format. I got this Google searching that led to their Twitter feed

I was listening to Sebastian Gorka on the radio and he had a guy call in and say his website with 800,000 members had been deleted from Facebook and that many of the subscribers had had their accounts blocked or deleted as well.  The purge is on.

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I was listening to Sebastian Gorka on the radio and he had a guy call in and say his website with 800,000 members had been deleted from Facebook and that many of the subscribers had had their accounts blocked or deleted as well.  The purge is on.

Yep!

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

On some gun forums you've got people threatening to take back DC by force of arms, which no doubt is scaring the pants off the companies who host these sites.

They need to be scared.

I know that as a private operation they are not subject to Second Amendment restrictions, but no one is prevented from finding another, more gun friendly site and starving these left wing nuts out of business.

45 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

The Walkaway Facebook page was dumped along with Trump, Mike Flynn. How dare people walk away from a party that keeps them in a victimhood mentality. I heard over 500,000 members there.

M4carbine AND AR15 sites work for me.

There are a ton of firearms related website.

Be interesting to see how many are still up by week's end.

How long before Smith and Ruger and Marlin, etc., are targeted? Armslist, Gunbroker...

It's the small ammo retailers that have no resources to fight a legal battle...

54 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Both sites are currently functional

https://www.ar15.com/

and

https://www.ar15-backup.com/index.html

For now.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/AR15COM/status/1348727818981617676

Social media is not necessary for life as we know it, to preserve our Founder’s values.    It did not exist during the American Civil War, and the Union and the Constitution survived.  Social media did not exist during WW2, and the Axis was defeated.  Social media is kids trying to impress other kids.

Take a deep breath.  Decide what is important to you, your family, your country.

Make your decisions accordingly.  Talk to your friends, family, by phone, email, at dinner, with pen and ink and postage stamps.  (Horrors!)

If computers and phones are necessary for America’s survival, God help us.

1 minute ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Social media is not necessary for life as we know it, to preserve our Founder’s values.    It did not exist during the American Civil War, and the Union and the Constitution survived.  Social media did not exist during WW2, and the Axis was defeated.  Social media is kids trying to impress other kids.

Take a deep breath.  Decide what is important to you, your family, your country.

Make your decisions accordingly.  Talk to your friends, family, by phone, email, at dinner, with pen and ink and postage stamps.  (Horrors!)

That’s all well and good but telling us what we can and can’t do and when and where speech is and isn’t acceptable is another damn thing.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

That’s all well and good but telling us what we can and can’t do and when and where speech is and isn’t acceptable is another damn thing.

I encourage resisting any attempt to restrict free speech.  Tell me where to send the check.  I simply don’t think decisions by Twitter or Facebook to censor content spell the end of the American experiment.

J-Bar, I wholly accept that point of view. But the whole argument is not one about what one post about on FB or Twitter. Private companies have built a publicly traversed network, to a certain degree subsidized by tax payers. It is set in such a way you can pay for access to this thoroughfare and this attendants to the poll booth are yanking the rug out of not only free speech platforms based on political whims. Maw Bell set many a pole and strung many a line. So have PG and E and SOCO. They aren’t necessary either if you want to get down to it. They aren’t afforded the discretion for censorship either in determining if your power, gas and phone stay in. Amazon Google Apple are doing this. Metering content and denying right of way. 

Right now, the public square is the internet. Especially with Covid. Liberals in Washington love this censorship of their opposition and luckily are in a position where the corporations that control access are doing their bidding. It won’t  come free as they will expect more subsidies and leeway. The corporate cronyism will continue. But heck, both sides of the aisle are guilty of that.

We’re not far removed from being like Canada or England or Australia where the thought police ban you from your shores or come knocking on your doors over some offhand remark, haul you to the clink.

The problem with behavior is once something is socially accepted or I accepted for that matter, where the private sector acts in a certain regard, it can become part of the body politic. Abortion, marrying your cousin, slavery, child labor, lots of things come to mind that may or may not have been accepted by society but good or bad protested, many of which now are governed and enforced for or against by government. 

41 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

That’s kinda like saying you only need a musket and not a AR15

print media can’t compete with internet/social media in the war of ideas any better than a enfield musket can compete with a M16 in a conventional war 

DDD:

I’m thinking us average Americans are a bit more contrary than our Australian, Canadian,  and English brethren.  I confess:  I have run red lights at 3:00 AM!

:lol:

I got your back, pard, and I think you have mine, if that time should ever come.

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bob said:

That’s kinda like saying you only need a musket and not a AR15

print media can’t compete with internet/social media in the war of ideas any better than a enfield musket can compete with a M16 in a conventional war 

Not at all.  Please don’t try to put words that I have never spoken into my posts.

7 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Not putting words in anything, just expressing my opinion like you are 

Fine.  Express your thoughts as yours. Please don’t say they are like mine, because they may not be.

The left is flexing its muscle and look at us. 

Just in case we lose our site there is a forum called NoTechTyranny that many folks from another popular gun forum are setting up accounts in case that site vanishes. 

I set myself up an account but I know nothing of this site. I do know I could sign up with my SASS alias as a user name. 

https://notechtyranny.com/index.php

5 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

me as well , i dont use it much these days but in the past i was a regular there , 

this is no different than burning books or prohibiting the in schools etc , or telling us what words are acceptable and what is not - we can all decide that for ourselves - i censor my own speech daily but its my choice to do so , 

im not inclined to tell private business how they can behave - i want my restaurants open here - i think we need some conservative businesses in the social media arena , i might use it if it was available , i do not use the liberal ones , sorry if this turned a bit political but its hard to avoid whats happening right now - the tolerant ones are too intolerant 

3 minutes ago, watab kid said:
4 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

me as well , i dont use it much these days but in the past i was a regular there , 

Read the AR15 website in General discussion forum, they posted that GoDaddy kicked them to the curb and they are running on a backup they had prepared for such an event and are making a move to relocate to another provider in 5 days.

Archived