SASS Wire Forum

Ballad of the Single Action Shooters

Raylan

I've got the original CD, I used to play it on the way to shoots but now my car doesn't have a CD player!:angry:

29 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I've got the original CD, I used to play it on the way to shoots but now my car doesn't have a CD player!:angry:

If you have a way to play MP3's via your phone or other device connected to your vehicles radio via bluetooth or plug in all you have to do is put the CD in your laptop or desktop and rip the tracks into MP3's then transfer them to your phone or MP3 device player.

If you have this gentlemans permission you could convert this youtube video to an mp3 using an online video to mp3 converter. 

Or you could just sing it yourself while  driving.

Side benefits include scaring deer and small animals so they don't run out in front of you, but in town at lower speeds you could attract howling dogs which may chase your car...:P

3 hours ago, Raylan said:

If you have a way to play MP3's via your phone or other device connected to your vehicles radio via bluetooth or plug in all you have to do is put the CD in your laptop or desktop and rip the tracks into MP3's then transfer them to your phone or MP3 device player.

I know, I just haven’t done that yet. Too much work for my brain! My son is going to help me with it. Thanks 

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

That's none other than Santa Rosa Slinger. He is a great pard to posse with and multi-talented. Shot with him last Saturday. 

Thank you for the kind words, Cypress Sun! I'm glad that you let me know that this was posted here in the Saloon too... I hadn't really ventured over to this side of the forums yet so I otherwise wouldn't have known about this post. :lol:

5 hours ago, Raylan said:

If you have this gentlemans permission you could convert this youtube video to an mp3 using an online video to mp3 converter. 

I'm not sure if you're referring to the original gentleman (Jim Bowman) or me... but if the latter, you (and everyone) have permission to download it for offline listening! In fact, I have a downloadable version available on my SoundCloud account that is from this same video recording but equalized/cleaned up a little bit. I've also attached it to this post in case anybody is interested. I also transcribed the lyrics and guitar chords/tablature to the best of my ability and shared them here on Ultimate-Guitar.com in case anybody wants to sing/play along too!

I'm flattered by the views that this video got here and on some of the other CAS social media outlets. I only recently heard the original version for the first time too and loved it. So much, in fact, that I couldn't get it out of my head... so I figured that I might as well combine CAS with one of my other hobbies (guitar) and cover the song to get it out of my system! It worked for a little bit... but this earworm finds itself back in my head from time to time, particularly on the weekends on the way to/from matches. :P

Ballad of the Single Action Shooters [Acoustic Cover].mp3

Archived