SASS Wire Forum

New Annin Flag

Subdeacon Joe

The last gusty day we had finally took its toll on our flag, and, frankly,  I had waited about six months too long because of fading.  Took it down Tuesday. Wife ordered a new one Friday night.   It arrived about noon.

Has the tangle free pole.  Got the bracket up, grabbed the flag mounted on the pole, grabbed my phone, played Morning Colors as I put it in the socket.

20210110_142230.jpg

:FlagAm:

I only buy Annin flags. I use a Tough-Tex on the big pole. It stands up well to these Western winds.

48FCA89C-F8C7-491F-B6D4-3313A05ED863.jpeg

I have a 3x5 Tough-Tex on my pole.  I installed the pole just last year.  I thought I would get trouble, but none to date.

AEC1C258-8D66-4071-A458-3E3B7F6A2818.jpeg

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I only buy Annie flags. I use a Tough-Tex on the big pole. It stands up well to these Western winds.

Same here!

018.thumb.JPG.c73f3b7caa37b7fa13b67f45e12a824f.JPG

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I only buy Annie flags. I use a Tough-Tex on the big pole. It stands up well to these Western winds.

23 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Same here!

018.thumb.JPG.c73f3b7caa37b7fa13b67f45e12a824f.JPG

I wish I could put up a pole like those.

Utah Bob recommended Annin flags to us a few years ago and that's all we've bought since. Two years ago I put in a 35' telescoping  pole with a solar light on the top to fly 24/7. I picked telescoping after a couple folks around here told me their flags had been stolen by cutting the lanyards. I put a clamp at each joint so if they want my flag they'll have to bring tools! :) :)

20210112_032328.jpg

Clay Mosby: When I had my flag pole installed, I opted for inside cords. Unlocking the small access door panel to get to the cord is a small price to pay to prevent mischievous or malicious tampering.

I like your solar light for the pole and I wish I had that configuration for mine. I installed a spot, focused on the flag with a solar switch to activate light at dusk.   

We always seem to have a wind here and anything less than a good quality flag with reinforced stitching gets blown out quickly. 

Misc Pics 2013 June 002.JPG

12 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Long may she wave! I'm thinking of flying mine upside down.

JHC

Please Don’t!

Just now, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I guess I am out of it on this one.  What exactly is an Annin flag?

Annan is a US made flag company. 
https://www.annin.com

On 1/10/2021 at 5:36 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

The last gusty day we had finally took its toll on our flag, and, frankly,  I had waited about six months too long because of fading.  Took it down Tuesday. Wife ordered a new one Friday night.   It arrived about noon.

Has the tangle free pole.  Got the bracket up, grabbed the flag mounted on the pole, grabbed my phone, played Morning Colors as I put it in the socket.

20210110_142230.jpg

That’s awesome! I wish I had a nearly unforgettable house number like you.

3 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

That’s awesome! I wish I had a nearly unforgettable house number like you.

When we were in Lake County for a couple of years our street address was longer,  but still easy to remember- 12860.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, South-Eye Ned said:

I have a 3x5 Tough-Tex on my pole.  I installed the pole just last year.  I thought I would get trouble, but none to date.

AEC1C258-8D66-4071-A458-3E3B7F6A2818.jpeg

Why would you get into trouble?

I believe I’ll order a new one, along with a new Trump flag, today. Too bad they don’t make a Q flag. Those Walmart China Virus carrying flags don’t last long.

A blessing on the man who is at once a Patriot, and a Romantic, to play Morning Colors while socketing the flag!

Well done indeed!

4 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

A blessing on the man who is at once a Patriot, and a Romantic, to play Morning Colors while socketing the flag!

Well done indeed!

It just seemed the right thing to do. 

On 1/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

20210110_142230.jpg

That's the same set up I have on our condo balcony.  Works and looks great.  And the Annin flag holds up so well.

24 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Wow! Tour home is beautiful!

He gives tours? Sign me up. :lol:

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Wow! Tour home is beautiful!

Thank you!  It was a fixer-upper when we bought it.  It was built in 1990.

Archived