SASS Wire Forum

Markings On Capital Guard's Guns

Cypress Sun

I've seen the pictures from various sources of the guards blocking a door to the Capitol while a person peers through a hole in the door. Two of the guards had pistols that had red and white markings on the slides of their semi-auto pistols. The marking were only on one side of the slide. One pistol had the markings on the left side of the slide and the other had them on the right side of the slide while two others had no markings at all.

Does anyone know what the markings indicate or mean? 

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I read they were Secret Service and the tape is for helping identify friendlies. 

I figured they were either Secret Service or Capitol Police, in an attempt to describe them I called them guards as they wore no markings. 

I thought the tape would be for friendly id but the tape on only one side of the gun had me puzzled.....still does.

32 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I figured they were either Secret Service or Capitol Police, in an attempt to describe them I called them guards as they wore no markings. 

I thought the tape would be for friendly id but the tape on only one side of the gun had me puzzled.....still does.

I honestly think the statement that it’s to “recognize friendlies”is BS. I also wondered about why it’s only on one side as well. 

I think it’s to show what type of ammo they are carrying. 

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I honestly think the statement that it’s to “recognize friendlies”is BS. I also wondered about why it’s only on one side as well. 

One article I read stated that it was implemented after a couple of occurrences of officers leaving their guns in the bathroom. It said policy is to lock down if they found a unattended weapon. This way they know it was a oops

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

One article I read stated that it was implemented after a couple of occurrences of officers leaving their guns in the bathroom. It said policy is to lock down if they found a unattended weapon. This way they know it was a oops

Gee, that makes me feel confident they know what they’re doing... :blink:

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Better seen with night vision ;)

OLG 

21 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Gee, that makes me feel confident they know what they’re doing... :blink:

well they did a pretty poor job of preventing an unarmed group of individuals from entering. 
what if there had been about 20 trained terrorists  that had a plan ? 
maybe I’m thinking this way because I just started watching designated survivor on Netflix :) 

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Better seen with night vision ;)

OLG 

For officers working day shift and tape only on one side?...Not sure I buy that either. 

59 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The ones I've seen had the tape on both sides of the slide.

OLG 

I wonder if their guns go into an Armory nightly and they have guns for duty and guns for training. Red/White = Duty, some other color for training?

Archived