SASS Wire Forum

I wish there was a side match where I could use these guns together.

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a side match where you would use these guns together?

276219626_SideMatchA.thumb.JPG.cef1c3ecd1bae6b285b69e48fe646d86.JPG

From top to bottom, a Large Frame Lightning, a Medium Frame Lightning, a Small Frame Lightning and a Lightning Bolt Pistol.

Granted, given the rarity of the Lightning Bolt, maybe this would be a more viable alternative...

208004848_SideMatchB.thumb.JPG.0d034ebfbbdc33f9adad0fff47fc18e4.JPG

86, 92, 9422 and a Mare's Leg.  

Hmm...   Okay, I understand that Henry Repeating Arms makes a similar battery based on their stuff, so there's another option.  

Or, if we cut out the pistol, a 76, 73 66 or Henry, 73 or Uberti 66 for the .22s.

Anyone else have a full battery of these things?  If you do, would not it be fun to have a side match for them?

Let the silly speculation begin.

I was thinking a 15 round category and shoot what you brought could be fun, setup the same as a normal SASS stage, but rifles have to be downloaded to 5 and shotguns can have up to 4 in tube.  you bring any combination of SASS legal guns, or shortened versions of SASS legal guns and only engage 15 of the targets (targets not engaged to be determined by stage writer or consensus of Posse and should be same targets disregarded for all shooters shooting the same combination of guns.  a string of 4 shotgun targets can be substituted for any 5 rifle or pistol targets.  Obviously this category doesn't work to score against the normal categories, but it could be fun to include some Mare's Leg's and let people who are just starting out play with a smaller kit on the clock.  It also lets you play with some fun cowboy toys you wouldn't normally compete with and gives you something to do if a main match gun goes down or you are trying to conserve ammo.  on the clock reloads would be encouraged for those shooting with less than 3 guns, (I'm looking at you Scofield's)

On 1/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

THERE WAS!!!  Before SASS stuck they're nose in, it was called Wild Bunch!!  Alas, gone now.

That is why I bought my slide action rifle , 1911, and 97, alas not to be used again.  All of the Wild Bunch Matches in my neck of the woods have ceased to exist.

1 hour ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

That is why I bought my slide action rifle , 1911, and 97, alas not to be used again.  All of the Wild Bunch Matches in my neck of the woods have ceased to exist.

Yeah...  Pre SASS Rules Wild Bunch was better.   But that's not what I was talking about.   :)

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Yeah...  Pre SASS Rules Wild Bunch was better.   But that's not what I was talking about.   :)

Gotcha

We do 3-4 WB shoots a year and set up the shoot so the cas shooters can shoot alongside the 1911 shooters. The WB guys shoot 15-20 pistol and the cas folks shoot 10. Rifle and sg are the same for both. We also do BAM along with cas shooters, Boltguns have their own targets but pistols and sg is the same for everybody. It’s not hard to do but folks have got to get over the whole ‘it ain’t cowboy’ mentality. Shooting is shooting.  Here I’m shooting Spaniards with Teddy.  ‘Remember the Maine’

6BAA27D5-6231-4D29-B498-8002379628A0.png

9 hours ago, Baltimore Ed said:

We do 3-4 WB shoots a year and set up the shoot so the cas shooters can shoot alongside the 1911 shooters. The WB guys shoot 15-20 pistol and the cas folks shoot 10. Rifle and sg are the same for both. We also do BAM along with cas shooters, Boltguns have their own targets but pistols and sg is the same for everybody. It’s not hard to do but folks have got to get over the whole ‘it ain’t cowboy’ mentality. Shooting is shooting.  Here I’m shooting Spaniards with Teddy.  ‘Remember the Maine’

6BAA27D5-6231-4D29-B498-8002379628A0.png

Wish I had a pic of me doing the same thing with my 97 the time I did it.

Archived