SASS Wire Forum

I can't get enough of this violinist

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

Over the past few years, Taylor Davis has become my favorite violinist.  When I was in battalion command, I was on an airplane 2-4 times a month.  Living out of a suitcase was the norm.  I spent more time sitting in airports by myself than I care to remember.  In Denver, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, LAX, San Jose, and Dallas I knew most of the employees on a first name basis, and I traveled elsewhere on occasion, too.  I'm here to tell you, despite the crowding in most of those airports, I've never felt so lonely in my entire life.  I used to plug in my headphones and tell myself, "At least I have Taylor Davis" while I passed the time.

There is only one thing wrong with her. She's not kin to me, and thus, she's not around to play for me. 

Wow...what a fantastic musician. 

With the passing of Charlie Daniels, she has now been elevated, for me, to first place fiddle/violin player. 

She's also light years prettier than Charlie.

Thanks for the post. 

She is magnificent, on all levels.

Great video, excellent music. Thanks for sharing.

Couldn't help but notice how the patch of grass she'd tromped down changed through the video -- at a couple of points, it was smaller than earlier on. One way to keep track of which 'take' was spliced where, I guess.

Sorry -- just one of those things I tend to notice in videos.

7 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Great video, excellent music. Thanks for sharing.

Couldn't help but notice how the patch of grass she'd tromped down changed through the video -- at a couple of points, it was smaller than earlier on. One way to keep track of which 'take' was spliced where, I guess.

Sorry -- just one of those things I tend to notice in videos.

Focus, Ozark. Focus!:lol:

56 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Now you’re starting to sound like a lot like the TO. :wacko:

I'm here to help. :D:D

She’s good.  As a suggestion for variety, I like Bonnie Rideout as a Scottish fiddler.  I have a few of her albums on CD.

I’m going to piss on the Celtic Women.  I saw them “perform” live in Houston.  When I go to see live musicians, and pay money for it, I feel swindled when they lip-synch.  That’s what they did.  I have one of their CDs, and their music is good otherwise, but I don’t like getting taken.

Archived