SASS Wire Forum

Covid strikes again

My next door neighbor passed yesterday afternoon after a bout with covid started a cascade of other problems. After the covid episode he went into rehab to regain strength, but was sent back to hospital when it was discovered he was in renal failure. At hospital he had a heart attack and his wife had to decide to pull the plug. He was extremely over weight, diabetic( worse than me), and had some other under lying problems. I tolerated him, wasn't overly great to be around, but in his 50's gone too soon. :(

Spell check Nazi was giving me problems with this post:ph34r:

Covid-19 seems to hit anyone with ANY underlying health issues and aggravates the issues or causes outright failure of the body.

To date, here in Canada, I have lost my Brother-in-Law, (75 years old, Diabetes, hypertension and dementia) and two female cousins, (82 and 84)

All three were in Long Term Care Homes. 

It is reported to have a tendency to hit those who have suffered slight strokes, (TIAs) and heart attacks or heart issues, meaning my wife and I are both at risk, but our son, who lives with us is a front line worker.

We are trying to keep out of it's way and hoping for an early chance to receive the vaccination.

Stay safe out there.

Archived