SASS Wire Forum

Remington caps

Tucker McNeely

I couldn’t take it anymore and I contacted Remington Ammunition in Arkansas.  I had a nice chat with Sandra to discuss #10 caps.  She assured me the #10 and #11 caps are still in the product line.  They are in the process of hiring more staff for the production line.  She did not have a date to start #10 production.  She mentioned she gets a call every day about percussion caps.  Keep up the calls to let them know how much we depend and appreciate their caps and with some luck we can see some soon.

Was she reading from a pre-prepared statement?

Ike, bet money ... Yes!  Prepared by Vista Sports who published also they are hiring 300 employees to reduce their $1 billion backlog

Even money says- lowest production product in the Que

5 hours ago, John Boy said:

Ike, bet money ... Yes!  Prepared by Vista Sports who published also they are hiring 300 employees to reduce their $1 billion backlog

Even money says- lowest production product in the Que

Don’t be so doom and gloom and have happier thoughts, maybe #11’s are lowest in the que.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Don’t be so doom and gloom and have happier thoughts, maybe #11’s are lowest in the que.  :lol:

if we keep calling and asking for #10’s, maybe they’ll make them first.

The passing of time will tell, when all this will resume again...but I have to believe that all of us want Remington to come back, and make a quality product, here in the United States, at the New York plant, or wherever, and that the rank and file, front-line employees get their jobs, and paychecks, back again.

That no only includes percussion caps, but ammunition, and rifles as well. We all need America's oldest gun maker to come back, and come back strong.

We just cannot afford to lose this important part of our American heritage, especially in this day and age of disrespect of our traditional values. 

10 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

The passing of time will tell, when all this will resume again...but I have to believe that all of us want Remington to come back, and make a quality product, here in the United States, at the New York plant, or wherever, and that the rank and file, front-line employees get their jobs, and paychecks, back again.

That no only includes percussion caps, but ammunition, and rifles as well. We all need America's oldest gun maker to come back, and come back strong.

We just cannot afford to lose this important part of our American heritage, especially in this day and age of disrespect of our traditional values. 

Given the current anti-gun climate in the NY state government I wouldn’t blame them for moving the plant to a friendlier state.

Prepared statement or not, I'm glad they at least said it. Happy to hear Remington is "getting calls everyday" about the caps. 

Archived