SASS Wire Forum

Proposed Gun "Buyback" Won't Reduce Philly Violence

Charlie T Waite

Proposed Gun 'Buyback' Won't Reduce Philly Violence

Misguided individuals are expected to offer ineffective solutions to complicated problems!

President Elect Harris has stated a buyback option for the non existent assault rifle.

Does anyone expect $100.00 to attract any sellers? $500? Maybe for a .22 rim fire AR. Hell, $100 won't even buy a box of ammo in some cases now!

Many, many people have invested thousands of dollars in a single AR, the higher end ARs retailing for up to 3K in some cases. Maybe if the gov't offers $5000 for an AR they'll get some takers.

Don't see that happening though.

Then in the end is the cost worth it?   Somewhere around 30 million ar’s out there.  I think that’s low, but it’s a number people throw around.  Even at $1k each, that’s 30 Billion to buy them all back.  That’s $85 per person in the USA.    

granted a buy back/confiscation would have a huge non compliance, so it’s somewhat moot.

12 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Then in the end is the cost worth it?   Somewhere around 30 million ar’s out there.  I think that’s low, but it’s a number people throw around.  Even at $1k each, that’s 30 Billion to buy them all back.  That’s $85 per person in the USA.    

granted a buy back/confiscation would have a huge non compliance, so it’s somewhat moot.

I dunno know. If a fella can sell enough ARs to move to Honduras it might be worth it.

:D

On 1/9/2021 at 9:36 AM, Dantankerous said:

President Elect Harris has stated a buyback option for the non existent assault rifle.

I hope she means "option", because they can't do an executive order and require it. It has to be a law as far as I know, anyone out there know anymore about this??

Archived