SASS Wire Forum

Just Two Weeks until the Bladesmith Skinner Knife & Saddle Bag Raffle Drawing!

Hellbender

The drawing takes place 2 weeks from today - there's still time to get those ticket orders in!

As many of you already know, the Up the Creek Gang's cowboy town in Lake Charles, Louisiana was destroyed by Hurricanes Laura and Delta in the fall and we've been raising funds in various ways to rebuild our town from the ground up.  Now we're raffling off 5 items to raise money.  Tickets are 3 for $10 and there will be 5 winners.  The drawing will take place in Orange TX at the Orange County Regulator's monthly match on Saturday, February 20.  You need not be present to win.

Your alias and phone number will be added to each ticket you buy before we put your tickets in the bucket (a ticket is shown below) and a photo of all the filled out tickets you buy will be emailed to you. Winners will be phoned immediately after the drawing and prizes will be shipped to winners by priority mail.  A video of the drawing will be posted here on the wire like we did for the Yul Lose gun cart raffle we had earlier.

1st prize - brand new skinner knife handmade by Bladesmith.  The 3 1/2" blade is made of 1095 high carbon tool steel with a 20 degree edge.  The handle is desert ironwood, no finish, just sanded and buffed.  Bladesmith usually sells this knife for around $125. Whoever's ticket is drawn first will get his/her choice of the 1st prize or the 2nd prize.

2nd prize - a pair of barely used leather saddle bags.  This prize will go to the second ticket drawn unless the first place winner opts to take this prize instead.  If that happens, the 2nd place winner will get the 1st place prize (the  Bladesmith skinner knife) instead.

3rd prize - new in the box officially licensed U.S.M.C. combat fighting knife with leather sheath. The 7" blade is 420 stainless steel with a heat-treated black finish, and the leather handle is stacked  (like the classic knives traditionally carried by Marines).  The knife comes with an embossed leather sheath.

4th prize - a used 0.001" shock proof steel caliper with case by FSTP.

5th prize - 4 used knives with sheaths - 5" Timber Rattler TR 31 surgical steel, 5" unmarked, 4" Elk Ridge ER-303 stainless steel, 7" Timber Rattler TR 67 surgical steel.

Tickets can be bought in one of two ways:

1. by PayPal.  Please send the amount of funds for the number of tickets you want to buy ($10 for 3 tickets,  $20 for 6 tickets, etc.) to this PayPal account: flyingfrog2015@gmail.com.  Make sure you include a note with your alias, email address, and phone number.  

OR

2. by check made out to Up the Creek Gang and sent to Hellbender, 528 Jefferson Dr., Lake Charles, LA 70605.  Make sure you include a note with the same  information listed above.

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0822.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg

IMG_0840.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

ticket.jpeg

IMG_8294 (1).jpeg

Muskeeta Flats, the Up the Creek Gang's cowboy town after Hurricane Laura

2 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

PP sent  BTT

Thanks Slim - 9 tickets now have your name an number on them.

I better win this time! 

43 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I better win this time! 

I'm rootin' for you Hoss!

Thanks for buying raffle tickets, see you at TX State.

7 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

I'm rootin' for you Hoss!

Thanks for buying raffle tickets, see you at TX State.

Bring my knife with you! 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Bring my knife with you! 

Hoss, I'll bring you whatever you win.:D

• Hellbender changed the title to Just Two Weeks until the Bladesmith Skinner Knife & Saddle Bag Raffle Drawing!

Archived